Wigi boards. I just wan't to hear your opinion.

Hello everyone, i'm looking forward to do some research on the wigi board for science, this is because some claim the wigi board is used to open doors for evil spirits from the afterlife. Users who're reading this: Do you believe in this? If you don't know what a wigi board is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

I'm just wondering if this is real or not, ******ing this question wasn't as much help at all. Hell, not everything someone puts on their website are true. So,

"Do you think wigi boards are evil?"

Make sure you read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija before you act like know what you're talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija#C...f_ouija_boards

Ive tried this once but its because the people are scared, so they move it without knowing, or something like that.

Oh look in that wiki, says here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Scientific explanation
Rationalists contend that users unconsciously direct the path of the triangle to produce a word that is in that person's unconscious thought process. This unconscious behavior is known as ideomotor action, a term coined by William Carpenter in 1882. It is also known as automatism.[10] Some people may be convinced that the "powers" of the ouija board are real because they are unaware that they are in fact moving the piece and therefore assume that the piece must be moving due to some other "spiritual force". The unconscious thought process may produce an answer that is different from what the user expected in their conscious thought process—thus perpetuating the idea that the board has "mystical powers". The Penn & Teller: Bullshit! episode on Ouija Boards ran an experiment using unbiased participants. Questions were being asked to the late William Frawley showing solid "Yes" and "No" answers. The participants were then blindfolded and the board was turned 180 degrees without their knowledge. With continued questioning, the planchette then traveled to bare areas of the board where the participants believed the "Yes" and "No" marks were located, but in fact were not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Ive tried this once but its because the people are scared, so they move it without knowing, or something like that.

Oh look in that wiki, says here:

Quote:
Scientific explanation
Rationalists contend that users unconsciously direct the path of the triangle to produce a word that is in that person's unconscious thought process. This unconscious behavior is known as ideomotor action, a term coined by William Carpenter in 1882. It is also known as automatism.[10] Some people may be convinced that the "powers" of the ouija board are real because they are unaware that they are in fact moving the piece and therefore assume that the piece must be moving due to some other "spiritual force". The unconscious thought process may produce an answer that is different from what the user expected in their conscious thought process—thus perpetuating the idea that the board has "mystical powers". The Penn & Teller: Bullshit! episode on Ouija Boards ran an experiment using unbiased participants. Questions were being asked to the late William Frawley showing solid "Yes" and "No" answers. The participants were then blindfolded and the board was turned 180 degrees without their knowledge. With continued questioning, the planchette then traveled to bare areas of the board where the participants believed the "Yes" and "No" marks were located, but in fact were not.
Thanks for answering, you seem brave for testing out what people are scared of, like me.

But what about this:

Quote:
Spiritualists who believe Ouija boards can be used to make actual contact with the spirit world feel that the act of hindering a medium’s ability to use his or her own eyes while the board is in use effectively places too great of a handicap on the whole exercise. This argument stems from the belief that contacted spirits actually utilize the eyes of the medium during a Ouija session in order to point to the letters and words needed to form a message. Most believers of this notion believe that the board has no intrinsic power in and of itself, but rather, is used simply as a tool to facilitate the communication of a medium with the spirit world.[9]

I have no idea about that, But when i tired it with my friend it never worked, cant remember much was many years ago.

But i guess science proves everything.

I have one of those old wooden ones.