What happened to Need For Speed?

Well, ever since Underground 2 the games have been shit with the mods, cars and the whole concept.

Anyone agree/disagree?

all i have to say is,
(Ї`·._.·[Most Wanted FTW]·._.·ґЇ)

Need for Speed: Shift isn't a real Need for Speed for me. Remove the "f" from the word "Shift" and you'll get the real name for that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Correlli
Need for Speed: Shift isn't a real Need for Speed for me. Remove the "f" from the word "Shift" and you'll get the real name for that game.
My point exactly, EA have totally fucked up.

They went from 94/100 rating games to 64/100. Underground 2 was just THE Need For Speed, with the body mods, hood mods, door mods and the magazine covers. It was ALL unique.

Ahh, i remember the good old NFS:U2.. I usually don't play racing games, but that one... was just awesome

does anyone play most wanted anymore? most wanted was the best NFS to me, still is, also NFS Shift isnt all that bad, i would go 10/10 on the graphics and how realistic it is, most wanted about 8/10 carbon wasnt very fun, i mean you could look at the first GTA 2D stuff...............

Yh, Shift may be good in aspects of feeling (dashboard view, SOUNDS) but it SUCKS completely as racing game and Need For Speed, whaddafuck are all these points rewards tiers and other bloody things for brainless console gamers (not telling all consolers are brainless, big group is still keeping the good way of gaming), this is a disgrace for game naming itself racing sim GRID (also old TRD2 and TRD3 <3) >> Shi(f)t in semi-arcade racing games, in arcades: only old NFSes like Hot Pursuit 1, Porsche and streetracers; u1 U2 and MW (well, Carbon wasn't so bad at all too)
IMHO NFS gone the same way as Fallout - Fallout 3 may be great game but it's absolutely nothing compared to F2 and F1, damn, even Tactics...
BTW I'm not even waiting for World Online because I know it'll suck (well, it's EA)

I remember playing good ol' NFS HP and HP2 when i was a kid. That was some hella addictive gameplay, not like most of the games released today, which are basically just graphic upgrades of the ones previous in the games series

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DJ
[SF]Зурэ Яииr ∞™ ]
all i have to say is,
(Ї`·._.·[Most Wanted FTW]·._.·ґЇ)
True, since Most Wanted the Need For Speed became shitty, we were used to some arcade racing, street racing and so on, now they are trying to be a racing simulator game, and it's right there where they fail, so Need For Speed is doomed.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53491

so yeah.. Please read it, you will have something to do