[Tutorial] [TUT] How to port-forward your sa-mp server using linksys

Just made this video, might say This video is not yet processed, but yah.
Used hypercam to record it, this video is about how to get your server online for others to play, with out you paying host to have it on.

How to port-forward a sa-mp server using linksys!

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

WARNING: Do not come to me saying "You n000b! my internet is going slower now!" Well, portforwarding a sa-mp server meaning letting people connect to your IP, meaning your internet, will go slower, so make sure you have great internet speed.
Your server will not be 24/7 unless you keep your PC on all day. when ever you open samp-server.exe, it will run, if its not up, it won't run, so don't come say that your internet is going slow, lagging. ect. But, just don't run the samp-server.exe as much for others to connect, if you don't want others connecting to your sa-mp server, just simply go back into linksys, and delete name1 and set your port names, like 7777 to 0, and other numbers to 0, and click enable to disable it.

nice tut, i have linksys as well!

Useful
I ain't going to port forward it and have my server for everyone as one time i got big virus and i don't wanna f**k pc up again.

Thanks,

remember, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoooopy
Useful
I ain't going to port forward it and have my server for everyone as one time i got big virus and i don't wanna f**k pc up again.
actually there are ways to lower the changes to 4% . First You need a fine good internet . Second If you got a good router , the router can protect your PC . Some routers actually don't allow every PC to connect ( to your network ) . So connecting to the SA:MP server isn't a problem but there is no way to transfer other data . Also firewall is a good tool for protecting yourself of hackers . And finally anti-viruses are very affective .

can u help me pf i don't get in if yes if u hav window live messenger or an email send it to me cause i need help pf so i can do remote assistance

sure, add my msn, brockandrew@hotmail.com

Hi I have opened my ports of my linksys router but i cant seem to see my server online when I add my ip and port. I have also let samp server and announce through my firewall. Pls help. When i add an ip 192.168.x.xxx den it appears but when i goto server advertisement in samp forums they say not to advertise ips dat start with 192. What could i be doing wrong please help

I have a linksys too!

So any one can post some one else vedio and using it as his own name ... You should Post pics and detail on your own thread. and it's too easy