Video Card Question

hi i like nVIDIA alot and i was looking at their site and they said the GeForce 9600 GT is the best card on the market ATM so i was wondering if anyone who used of of these or has one of these to tell me how good this plays on games like GTA IV
Thanks, Cody Beer

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=153667.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crodox RP
hi i like nVIDIA alot and i was looking at their site and they said the GeForce 9600 GT is the best card on the market ATM so i was wondering if anyone who used of of these or has one of these to tell me how good this plays on games like GTA IV
Thanks, Cody Beer
9600GT isn't their best video card .
A friend of mine has 9600gs and he runs gta 4 on medium settings(1680x1050) with about 40fps .

Quote:
GeForce 9600 GT
How much is the video card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Quote:
GeForce 9600 GT
How much is the video card?
$60 - $100 . I checked at nvidia.com

I had 9600gt few months ago. That card is not fast, but not also slow. You can't run gta iv maxed, but you can play it with medium settings. I would go to 8800gt or 9800gt, or just go for ati, 2x faster card for same price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzor
Quote:
Thanks, Cody Beer
9600GT isn't their best video card .
A friend of mine has 9600gs and he runs gta 4 on medium settings(1680x1050) with about 40fps .
This is a lie for sure. I had a 9600gt in my last build and I couldn't even run GTA4 smooth at 1440x900. GTA4 is a very hard game to run. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 965 quad core overclocked to 4.0ghz, 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM and an ATi Radeon HD4890 and I get 52FPS on highest settings. And that's with an .ini file that fixes the memory leak the game has. Trust me, a 9600gt won't do much for GTA4.

ATI Radeon is what you want imo, i would go for 4870x2+ - it's worth the price jump