Simple way to learn to script?

Every guide I see, it's all confusing they said words that I don't even understand but my English is perfect only when it comes to coding.
I want to start my own RPG server some day, so that's why I'm learning to script. I'm very new, all I know how to do is add skins and cars and simple commands like /killme /healme /givememoney, etc.
If someone wants to be my teacher, it would be more then appreciated and I'm willing to pay through paypal.

Thats not hard,

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Category:Tutorials

That will show you almost everything you need,
If you dont understand english well then there should be a section for your language on this forum

I want to make my own stuff, what I want isn't there that's the problem.
I want to make my own fishing system, they wont teach me how to do that. They will just teach me how to make a administrator system how to make gates and other stuff I don't need for a RPG server. I'm wondering how the hell did all the RPG server leaders start off and where did they learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_Kings
Every guide I see, it's all confusing they said words that I don't even understand but my English is perfect only when it comes to coding.
I want to start my own RPG server some day, so that's why I'm learning to script. I'm very new, all I know how to do is add skins and cars and simple commands like /killme /healme /givememoney, etc.
If someone wants to be my teacher, it would be more then appreciated and I'm willing to pay through paypal.
Hey there m8!

I started scripting for around 1-2 weeks ago, and back there all i cut do what pretty much the same as you.
I diden't understand anything from almost every code i saw.. But i just keept reading tut's, if you don't understand em first time, read again, if you still don't understand read it again.. At some point you can see what each code does..
Now i'm lucky to have a friend who is a good scripter, and i cut ask him anytime, and he explained it to me.
But if you don't have a friend, use the forums, search, read posts, ask other ppl to explain a code if you don't understand it.
Just now 1-2 weeks later i made my first DM GM(A simple one ofc, but it have textdraws, timers, etc, and i'm making my own anticheat FS) When you learn something just keep testing stuff with it, like when i learned timers i just keept makeing stuff with timer, and at some point i learn how to use it, so it's actully just to keep on like a slave

Always use the forum if you are in doubt, search before posting ofc, and try just read the posts in "Scripting Discussion" you can learn alot from other ppl who need help

-Naxix

Alright thanks, where can I learn to use timers I searched "timers" in the search thingy on the wiki but nothing just random stuff with weird titles.

The point of the wiki isnt to learn how to make each 'system' separately, that would take forever to write and would limit knowledge of the scripters on here - the point of it is to understand the programming concepts applied in PAWN so that you could make things such as 'fishing' systems, administrator commands and such are just very good examples to learn off because everyone has a median of understanding for what it is and what it should do.

wiki isn't everything , it just show some basics of scripting , but if u want to learn script fast u shouldn't start by a roleplay project cause its the hardest gamemode same as godfather , u can start with dm and tdm and stuff like that , go to filterscripts and includes , download any script , check it learn some codes from it , that's how we all started
________
Lovely Wendie

Where can I learn to use timers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_Kings
Alright thanks, where can I learn to use timers I searched "timers" in the search thingy on the wiki but nothing just random stuff with weird titles.
Here: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Random_Messages

Here they use a timer to send random messages.

But to explain it short:

Top of your script
Код:
forward [name]()
OnGameModeInnit
Код:
SetTimer("[timer name]",[time in milieseconds], 0 = run 1 time 1 = keep on going. So an example:
SetTimer("name",1000,1); This will start the timer named "name" on GameModeInnit, after 1 second has passed it will activate, and it will do it every second as it is 1 at the end.
Bottom of your script:
Код:
public name()
{
   SendClientMessage(playerid, 0x0088FFAA,"This timer will send this msg every second!");
   return 1;
}
I hope this helped more than it confused you else just send me a PM and i will help you as much as i can (:

-Naxix

There is no simple way to learn to script, you just have to read & read & script & test & read all the time once you start understanding the basics of scripting. Reading other people's scripts will help too.

You do not learn to script in a day or a week or a month, it takes time.