Is it worth running a server?

I was wondering if its really worth running a server. I see that there are quite a few servers online but only a small handful are popular. only one close to reaching the servers 300player capacity.

I would love to run a server and start a community. I'm willing to rent a real server and pay for a vent. but if the chances of running one successfully are slim. Maybe I should save my money.

With your experience in the area, what do you think?

If you want a server, make a good one, get it online, and try to get some players in.

It's all up to you.

Sometimes even the best made modes don't get populated because well, players won't join empty servers. If you want to make a server, go ahead; just make sure you get some friends to help you populate it.

yeh thats what i figured... people dont wanna play on an empty server

I've got some friends who'll play but they wont ever figure out the commands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raet
Sometimes even the best made modes don't get populated because well, players won't join empty servers. If you want to make a server, go ahead; just make sure you get some friends to help you populate it.
Yes, it is worth it, plus, you learn ALOT. But, like the other guys said, you have to populate your server, or it would be pointless. (Although if you create an Awesome game mode, you could sell it, if you decide not to run a server)...

It's not worth it. There are far too many servers. It will never compete.

GL anyway if you choose to open it

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jay_
It's not worth it. There are far too many servers. It will never compete.
Have you tried it before? If you have, did you finish your script?

If you haven't then maybe you should try. The only reason there are "far to many servers out there" is because dumb asses who think making a server is easy, set one up. Then they use the "already made" scripts. Instead of making their own, because they don't know how. So now, the internet list on the SAMP client has THOUSANDS of shitty servers, and no one ever goes on them.

As for mine, I am working on rebuilding the CnR script. But, during this time, I have locked my server. This way, people won't get on when it isn't ready and say, this server sucks. Maybe you should try and do the same. (This goes for all of you)

I tried playing in small serversm And even though they don't make it, But its worth it, However, You need to advertise in every way possible and put it on the hosted tab, If possibe. And ofcourse, If you want it to be succesfull, Make your own, UNIQUE script.

if you gut a server with a cool dm TMD or anything like taht
than me and my clan can play in youre server