My new server

Hi everyone.

Last night I bought my own gta sa mp server at kingj.net.

It has 50 slots.

Well, anyways.. I want it to be a roleplay mode.
First of all, I don't know where to find a good roleplay mode.
Second. I don't know how to install it/where to put the files, to make it work.
I wrote an admin on kingj.net, and he wrote: "You will need to upload the roleplay gamemode file that you have downloaded into the gamemodes folder via FTP or the File Manager. After you have done this, edit the server.cfg and change the gamemodes line to the name of your gamemode without the extension."

Well, as I believe, I already did this? Im not sure if I did anything wrong.
I found a sa mp roleplay mode. I downloaded it. Then I went to my online controlpanel on kingj.net and uploaded the file from the "gamemode"-map that I downloaded, and put it into the "gamemodes" folder via file manager on kingj.net.
After that, I went to server.cfg and changed the name to "gtarp", as that was the name of the file.
Then I restarted my server, and connected to it. But it just keeps restarting/reconnicting, until the server closes down. You know, like it wont run it.

Please help me! I would apreciate any form of help: Pictures, videos, anything!

Best Regards

Dennis

well first of all:
/facepalm
I wouldn't buy a host if i don't got any idea of how to use a server.

Second with a premade script u wont get ur server much users.
So I'd suggest to first learn how to script(https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Main_Page + Looking at somescripts how stuff is done)
and then make your own GameMode

well, it might be a good idea for me, to learn it. But many others download fx. a roleplay gamemode, and puts it into the server they've bought. And then it works. Thats what I ment.

If you can't even setup a GM i'd suggest you read the Wiki.

I wrote an admin on kingj.net, where I bought the server with 50 slots. As said he told me this: "You will need to upload the roleplay gamemode file that you have downloaded into the gamemodes folder via FTP or the File Manager. After you have done this, edit the server.cfg and change the gamemodes line to the name of your gamemode without the extension."

That seems pretty easy, and that's what I did on my online control panel at kingj.net.

But nothing happens.

When I started my control panel for the first time (yesterday), I went into the map "gamemodes" in my File Manager, and there was those gamemodes: bare, barron, grandlarc, lvdm, rivershell and timertest.
Then I went into my Default Config Files, pressed server.cfg config editor, and typed in the name of the mode I wanted to play. Fx. lvdm (deathmatch). And it worked! All of them works, so I know how to set it up, it's just that when I download a roleplay gamemode, puts it into my "gamemodes" map via File Manager on kingj.net, it DOESN'T work.

Did you compile your gamemode in Pawno?

No mate, I haven't used anything called Pawno. I simply just downloaded a roleplay gamemod to my desktop. Logged on my user at kingj.net, to get to my control panel from where I crontrol the server. Took the .amx file from the downloaded gamemodes-map, put it into the gamemodes map on kingj.net via File Manager. And at last I went into my server.cfg and changed the game mode to "larp" as that was what the roleplay gamemode was called.. What am I doin' wrong? .

c'mon guys! show me what ya got! I know u can help me! ;S

You need the .pwn file of the gamemode and Pawno, then open the .pwn file with pawno and press the compile button, then upload the .pwn and .amx to KingJ.

Did you restart the server after editing the server.cfg file?

If not, go ingame, type /rcon login "yourrconpasswordhere".
Then type /rcon gmx.

Alright, I'll try that in a moment, and then write back tomorrow if it worked.

Yea, I restarted the server every time i changed the mode

Thank you for your help and support so far

make sure you uploaded the scriptfiles also that came with the gamemode or it will keep restarting cuase it can't find the scriptfiles it needs to run

Alright I'm back. Now i've tried exactly what SfPwns told me to do, but still without any luck.
When I had done the things, I restarted the server via kingj.net, simply by pushing the button "restart". The server works, it does every time, but when I open SA-MP 0.3a, in "Mode" it says: "Unknown" and the map is "San Andreas".

I downloaded the mode called "LSLRP".

Whaaaaat is going on? :/ Why doesn't what SfPwns told me, work

HELP!

I can help you, but only if you have teamviewer.
Send me an email with your msn or skype to mujibazizi@live.nl

Mujib, ty so much. I'm on holiday right now, but I am back home tomorrow. I'll add you there. Thank you again.

If you have xfire, add mike9909

i wanna b an admin whats ur server address

L:OL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej8700
L:OL

You shouldn't have bought server hosting in the first place if you don't even know how to operate a server or worse, don't even have a GAMEMODE!