PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_boy
Посмотреть сообщение
exactly i'd agree with you. moreover prices are high for some parts in some countries. Here Intel prices rose up to about 50-70$. So it costed me huge therefore had to switch over to AMD when i recently bought one PC..
Honestly, I always compare the price with other countries and possibly I buy from a cheap store outside my country even I spend extra money for ship as long as still cheaper than my country..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm running a much higher demanding PC then his on 550 Watt. I call that bullshit. I counted and this is what I got

And mine which would be:

i5 3470 @ 3.6GHz
2x4GB Ram DDR3
2 HDDs
R9 280x Gigabyte (3 Fans so it requires more juice I suppose)
And around 6 USBs used at one time.

I used another PSU calculator than you did and also "upped" some of the parts he had installed since it is bad to run a PSU on more than 80% load as far as I heard.

this kind of relates to this thread. im writing a speech about what is important when buying computers (tips, what you should look for, etc) i am including information on ram, specs, why combos can be bad, and prices.

anything else i should include? keep in mind the people im presenting don't know all the terms we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieBoy
Посмотреть сообщение
I used another PSU calculator than you did and also "upped" some of the parts he had installed since it is bad to run a PSU on more than 80% load as far as I heard.
I'd agree with you for only one reason, the reason being that if he bought a bad PSU. I have a Antec VP 550, it guarantees that it will give you EXACTLY 550 Watt, nothing less, nothing more. So it's enjoy for my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
Посмотреть сообщение
this kind of relates to this thread. im writing a speech about what is important when buying computers (tips, what you should look for, etc) i am including information on ram, specs, why combos can be bad, and prices.

anything else i should include? keep in mind the people im presenting don't know all the terms we do.
Software. Often companies throw in things like Photoshop Elements 8, and other useless programs, though the price is marked up.

I'm going to be stalking this thread in the future, so you can feel free to just simply post your concerns and questions.

The ram inside my pc is running@ 1600mhz

I have an extra 1333mhz stick. Will it harm my pc if i add this?

Soo i am going to buy a GTX Titan from my friend and i was wondering. What kinda PSU do i need acctually to run it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
Посмотреть сообщение
Soo i am going to buy a GTX Titan from my friend and i was wondering. What kinda PSU do i need acctually to run it?
The PC I currently use at work has a 660 Watt PSU, which seems to be well enough. This seems to be confirmed by this review: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,9.html

Recommended at least 600W. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime
Посмотреть сообщение

What parts should I upgrade in order to play GTA:4, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 and other games like these? I feel like I should upgrade EVERYTHING lmao
you're right, that single core won't cut it

EDIT: but if I were you, I'll wait for broadwell if you are into Intel

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

What parts should I upgrade in order to play GTA:4, Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 and other games like these? I feel like I should upgrade EVERYTHING lmao
You have to re-build completly your PC.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll buy this off you, best I can offer is $0.05

Hai, ahmm like y'all know i am russian and ahm..in russian language thread i see words like ahmm "Fucked up"

Like my pc don't regonsize them how to make that it will ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeLove
Посмотреть сообщение
you're right, that single core won't cut it

EDIT: but if I were you, I'll wait for broadwell if you are into Intel
Broadwell? Can you please enlighten me about 'Broadwell'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
You have to re-build completly your PC.
Yeah, I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll buy this off you, best I can offer is $0.05
I'll sell you the PC for $5 excluding the monitor

Quick question: I have an "old" pc (roughly 5-6 years old) in which has an unused harddrive within it. Would it affect my current pc in any way if I put the old harddrive (after deleting everything) in along with my current harddrive? It would only be used for things such as games, some software, code etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshizms
Посмотреть сообщение
Quick question: I have an "old" pc (roughly 5-6 years old) in which has an unused harddrive within it. Would it affect my current pc in any way if I put the old harddrive (after deleting everything) in along with my current harddrive? It would only be used for things such as games, some software, code etc.
I wouldn't install an OS on anything except an SSD these days. But it wont have any bad affect on the system as long as you're only using it to store a few things on it. I'm using a 1TB HDD which is about 5-6 years old just for storage, and it works perfectly fine as it only spools up when I want to access something from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshizms
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, as long as you keep it "along"... If you RAID it, the system will slow down..

Thanks for the reply. I don't plan on using it *that* much... It'll be wiped of its original contents and it'll be used as a second storage for random stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSt4lker
Посмотреть сообщение
Alright so i got a GTX Titan and if i want to use it i need to get better PSU. Does anyone know how much do i need to get? 600W or higher?
(duh) we would need more information than that. Give us your full specs, CPU, motherboard etc.
Or you could just simply calculate it by your own self - http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp