PC Questions Thread

What should be the normal idle temperature of an i5 haswell? Current idle temps are 37-41 on stock hsf and stock clock. It's summer here in my country. I don't know about the room temperature but makes me a little bit sweaty without ac or anything.

It is fine, as you mention your room temps to be high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonDA-G
Посмотреть сообщение
Can anyone reccommend me a new motherboard? AM3+ socket, not bothered about much else although I don't really want ASUS because this one's giving me problems
Currently Im looking at this but any advice would be good.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F...gicaincre05-21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_boy
Посмотреть сообщение
It is fine, as you mention your room temps to be high.
Tried to play BF3 for 4 hours, max temp is 59 degrees, the other 3 cores is lower for about 1-3 degrees

Fine. I'd start to worry if it goes over 75.

Amazing thread, very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorcast
Посмотреть сообщение
Amazing thread, very useful.
Indeed.

Have you tried using Game Booster or any other program? It could help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroway
View Post
Is Java or C++ has same codes.
Not Really

World's First PC name? Do some of you know it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarbod
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello guys, i have bought a new HDD. 320 GB. I Have installed Windows 7. Anything was OK, Then i was wanted to delete the OS, Then reinstall it again. So from that to now, Windows 7 installer, do not knows about my HDD. Tells "No devices found". What i do?
Use a legitimate windows installation disc and it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroway
Посмотреть сообщение
World's First PC name? Do some of you know it?
The first personal computer was manufactured by IBM according to my knowledge. If you actually meant the first mechanical computer it was Analytical Engine made by Charles Babbage. If you want to go even further, try using Wikipedia or any books (I studied that at my school)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFarbod
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello guys, i have bought a new HDD. 320 GB. I Have installed Windows 7. Anything was OK, Then i was wanted to delete the OS, Then reinstall it again. So from that to now, Windows 7 installer, do not knows about my HDD. Tells "No devices found". What i do?
Is the error related to CD/DVD driver missing? If it's about that I could guide you how to solve that, I once got that and I was totally mad and later on I found some simple fix. About the HDD driver missing, I've no idea what are the causes of this because it never came for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Fine. I'd start to worry if it goes over 75.
Not 75. After 82 is when it's time to worry

Pretty sure your bottleneck definition and certainly the example is incorrect

Bottlenecking is when one component of the entire system holds back the performance of the PC.

If you even tried to boot 600w components on the 300w PSU it wouldn't even boot. That's not a bottleneck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iZN
Посмотреть сообщение

Is the error related to CD/DVD driver missing? If it's about that I could guide you how to solve that, I once got that and I was totally mad and later on I found some simple fix. About the HDD driver missing, I've no idea what are the causes of this because it never came for me.
That's not about the CD/DVD Driver missing, It's about the HDD Missing (Not identified by the W7 Installer) But it's found and identified by the BIOS Settings (F2) On start.

I Don't have any idea why this happen.

EDIT: Seagate: The brand of HDD Manufacturer.

Does anyone know a reliable FPS viewer that I can use in games?

Don't recommend Fraps please. I used it for a while but my installation got corrupted. I'm not going to bother reinstalling it since as far as I'm aware the free version is limited and I can't be assed getting a new legitimate key. Previous one was a gift from a friend on a server I used to play on and I don't pirate stuff.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mionee
Посмотреть сообщение

Don't recommend Fraps please. I used it for a while but my installation got corrupted. I'm not going to bother reinstalling it since as far as I'm aware the free version is limited and I can't be assed getting a new legitimate key. Previous one was a gift from a friend on a server I used to play on and I don't pirate stuff.

Thanks!
If you have Nvidia GPU from GTX 650+ You can use Shadowplay to view your FPS. I believe they just added that in. Shadowplay is free to use only if you have as I said Nvidia GPU 650 or bigger.

Then theres Dxtory which I used to use a lot before Shadowplay arrived. Sadly there ain't no program that I have found which would only show FPS.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Thanks!
You don't need a key to monitor FPS using fraps - you can just use the trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanz
Посмотреть сообщение
You don't need a key to monitor FPS using fraps - you can just use the trial.
Read what he wrote again. He wrote it already to not have FRAPS recommended. Its not so hard, its pretty understandable.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Don't recommend Fraps please. I used it for a while but my installation got corrupted. I'm not going to bother reinstalling it since as far as I'm aware the free version is limited

In some games there are console commands to display FPS. For example cl_showfps in Source based games like CS:GO and perfoverlay.drawfps in Frostbite games Like the Battlefield series.