PC Questions Thread

Well, I'm considering actually buying GTA IV for my computer, but I want to know if you guys think I'll be able to run it. I downloaded a not-so-legal version of it and trial'ed the first mission - without saving of course. It ran quite smooth on medium settings, although GTA IV always returned high settings when I used that auto-configuration utility.

So, these are my specs:
Код:
Computer:
        HP Pavilon dv6

Operating System:
        Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Processor:
	Intel Core i7 2630QM 2.00 GHz (8 core)

Memory:
	4GB RAM

Video Card:
	Radeon HD 6490M

Hard Drive:
	about 500GB, but external HDD of 1TB
CanYouRunIt returns this:

Epic bumbing. Y u no reply? I'm about to go to the store tomorrow...if I still have any money

look, lol, im running gta 4. in the hraphics settings, its using 1037 out 2008 mb of graphics resources, your 1 gb card cant handlenthat. gt osnt enough for gaming, ifnyou think it is, then buy it but youll need to upgrade anyway if you plan on playing gta 4 or gta 5. whos says im rich lol. im not rich. i finally decided to upgrade my pc and if im going to keep ot for as long as my last one, 7 years, then i might as well buy a good gpu.dont talk to me about rich. i have to work for what i have. if i want to spend $180 on a good gfx instead of $70 for a bad one, excuse me. i dont get a new pc often but when indo, i try to get a good one. stop kidding yourself, i got one gtx card, the last gpu i got was 128 mb card, so dont give me shit. i know what im talking about but you obviously dont if you tuink that a gt and gtx series have almost the same specs. again 336 cuda cores vs. 96 cuda cores. i put the specs of both cards there, you should lookat them so you know how wrong you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
Seriously, ignorance isn't a bliss you know. Benchmarks roughly display the ammount of raw power a graphics card possesses. The GT 630 roughly scores about 4 times as low as the GTX 560ti. Yes, the GT 630 can play games if the rest of your build can handle it, but it is most definitely not future proof.

Even nvidia themselves claim the GT 630 to be an entry level card.

EDIT:
This has nothing to do with you being 'poor' and us being 'rich'. (Just so you know, I've worked tons of hours so I can finance my upcoming build. Money doesn;'t fall out of the sky for me either)
This is about you stating the GT 630 is high-end, that it's about as good as the GTX 560 ti, which is NOT true.
Me,not stating its a high-end,me stating it has a small difference in gaming experience and some small difference in tech specs,thats all.
Craz just messing all up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
look, lol, im running gta 4. in the hraphics settings, its using 1037 out 2008 mb of graphics resources, your 1 gb card cant handlenthat. gt osnt enough for gaming, ifnyou think it is, then buy it but youll need to upgrade anyway if you plan on playing gta 4 or gta 5. whos says im rich lol. im not rich. i finally decided to upgrade my pc and if im going to keep ot for as long as my last one, 7 years, then i might as well buy a good gpu.dont talk to me about rich. i have to work for what i have. if i want to spend $180 on a good gfx instead of $70 for a bad one, excuse me. i dont get a new pc often but when indo, i try to get a good one. stop kidding yourself, i got one gtx card, the last gpu i got was 128 mb card, so dont give me shit. i know what im talking about but you obviously dont if you tuink that a gt and gtx series have almost the same specs. again 336 cuda cores vs. 96 cuda cores. i put the specs of both cards there, you should lookat them so you know how wrong you are
stfu,i am not going to read how you play GTA IV.
you use 1037mb and play only GTA IV which means you have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT: http://support.rockstargames.com/ent...nts-for-gta-iv

im messing it all up? ok, sure. gt 630 is entry level, gtx 560 ti is upper mid range. there isnt a small difference, theres a big difference youre looking at speeds, mhz, to be exact, you cant even compare mgz because there isnt enough of a noticible difference, im comparing cores, gddr size and power. the bus speed of most cards are very similar, but processing power is where the difference is, you dont seem to understand anything about the cuda cores, size doesnt matter as much as power. also learn to spell my name, my spelling could be a bit off because its a pain to correct anything on an ipad

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
you cant even compare mgz
cant campare what ?
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
im comparing cores, gddr size and power.
excatly,and you still don't know that 96 cores are enough for gaming.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
im messing it all up? ok, sure. gt 630 is entry level, gtx 560 ti is upper mid range. there isnt a small difference, theres a big difference youre looking at speeds, mhz, to be exact, you cant even compare mgz because there isnt enough of a noticible difference, im comparing cores, gddr size and power. the bus speed of most cards are very similar, but processing power is where the difference is, you dont seem to understand anything about the cuda cores, size doesnt matter as much as power. also learn to spell my name, my spelling could be a bit off because its a pain to correct anything on an ipad
What are you ? Graphic designer ? if yes,than i would understand why you so cry about that,if not,than what is your problem ?
Quote:

also learn to spell my name

for what ?
Quote:

i am talking about gaming performance.

Sorry,i mean expiriance.

96 is enough, but for what? soon it wont be enough and again im building this computer to last ill be using it for a while. also, megahertz. my minor in college is graphic design btw, lol.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
96 is enough, but for what? soon it wont be enough and again im building this computer to last ill be using it for a while. also, megahertz. my minor in college is graphic design btw, lol.
For gaming,ofc,this is what we're talking about here.
"Soon" will come when it will,but now,thats what we have.
Also,i do know,Hertz is the amount of speed.
there is also GigaHertz or in short - GHz.
1k MHz equals 1GHz.
Its not so hard to understand -.-
EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
This has nothing to do with you being 'poor' and us being 'rich'.
sometimes it does.
I see plenty of stupid people with a lot of money buying expensive things and argueing that expensive is always the best.

My hd 5570 1gb runs GTA 4 in medium at 30 fps.

in medium, yes, but gta 5 will be even more demanding so youll have a hard time running it. i like your signature btw, ae86 is my fav corrolla

What do you think should i take ?
E8500 or Q8400
E8500 - Dual Core, 6MB L2 Cache,FSB Speed 1333MHz,Clock speed 3160MHz(3.16GHz)
Q8400 - Quad Core, 4MB L2 Cache,FSB Speed 1333MHz,Clock speed 2660MHz(2.66GHz)
I dunno what to choose,because both have their pros and cons.
i like that q8400 has 4 cores,but i dislike that it has less cache and clock speed.
i liked the features that e8400 has and that he has more clock speed & cache and i also like that it has small wattage,because it means it will be cooler than the q8400(no?),but i dislike that it has only 2 cores.

@xkirill Hard choise, but it's your own. I think the Quad Core Processor is better even the Cache memory is less than the E8500. You can still rising the clock speed to have a better performance but it's gonna be more hot and using more Voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
Посмотреть сообщение
This is really a stupid question, but seeing the trend over the years of GTA needing upgrades in graphic cards, etc,
Will I be able to run GTA 5? {Just a general yes/no will do, thanks}
Just a general yes/no, please.

15.6" Laptop.
3rd generation Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor.
2GB 650M GDDR5 Graphics.
8GB DDR3 RAM.
1TB.
etc, etc.

Or Do I need to upgrade?
Most of notebook peaces cannot be upgrated. However your PC is more than good to play games and it will surely hold for few years.

Sorry for asking so much q's on here, i'm trying to pick a suitable PC for myself.

1.Would this run Gta IV with no lag and what settings medium or low?
2.Would this run ArmA 2 with no lag and what settings medium or low?

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Graphics Card: 1GB Nvidia GT630

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiernantheman
Посмотреть сообщение
Sorry for asking so much q's on here, i'm trying to pick a suitable PC for myself.

1.Would this run Gta IV with no lag and what settings medium or low?
2.Would this run ArmA 2 with no lag and what settings medium or low?

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (3M Cache, 3.30 GHz)

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Graphics Card: 1GB Nvidia GT630
Change the graphics card to a better one to have a nice system. Also I'm going to purchase the i3 2120 and I'm proud of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
Change the graphics card to a better one to have a nice system. Also I'm going to purchase the i3 2120 and I'm proud of it.
Nevermind.....

Anyone else having problems with Adobe Flash on Firefox? Crashes, freezes, takes a lot of RAM. Anyone has a good solution for this? I know, that I am not the only one who has these kind of problems with Flash.
(I actually fixed the RAM issue already)

Well I'm using now chrome instead of firefox since at the time I used it, it took alot of ram and also crashed alot.. not sure with latest versions but oh well, chrome never gave me much problems... But well about RAM usage it is also not very "efficient" in that matter ( I'm now with 5 tabs open and it's taking in 7 process's about 570 MB of RAM ).

Anyway try updating it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashPT
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I'm using now chrome instead of firefox since at the time I used it, it took alot of ram and also crashed alot.. not sure with latest versions but oh well, chrome never gave me much problems... But well about RAM usage it is also not very "efficient" in that matter ( I'm now with 5 tabs open and it's taking in 7 process's about 570 MB of RAM ).

Anyway try updating it...
Well that depends on what proccesses the browser do (I'm talking about chrome). For example if I'm browsing normaly it takes ~90MB RAM. If I watch a video on ******* and having ******** opened up then it takes ~245MB RAM, but well meanwhile firefox takes more than 500MB for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher
Посмотреть сообщение
Well that depends on what proccesses the browser do (I'm talking about chrome). For example if I'm browsing normaly it takes ~90MB RAM. If I watch a video on ******* and having ******** opened up then it takes ~245MB RAM, but well meanwhile firefox takes more than 500MB for me.
Yeah sure I know about that but I said that because I had the "most common" tabs open... like hotmail, ******** and gmail...