Processor affinity

For some reason, SA-MP sets the affinity of gta_sa.exe to just one CPU and if you set it manually with Task Manager to use all cores (if you have a multi-core CPU) the game runs much better (more FPS and better ping). My ping went from 40-110 to 23-30 when I enabled all cores instead of the default 1.
This only seems to happen on Windows 7 and Vista. On XP, ping is fine with or without all cores and frame rate isn't affected either way.
Oh and, affinity on single player is set to use all cores. I don't see why SA-MP can't just be the same. Was it just an oversight or are there other reasons?

This may have been to stop the game running at double speed on some amd processors. I second the request since there's a noticeable improvement after manually setting the affinity.

LOL I had no idea about this until you made this thread. This whole time I've been playing with one core when I could have been playing with two. Thanks for that. I can confirm in Win7 that my gta_sa.exe is set to use one core by default. I had to set it to either All or 2 manually.

It is very annoying after every launch game I must set affinity and /fpslimit 48. This problem is on all Windows with multicore CPU.

happened to me too

In my option, if single gta_sa run on multiple cores mouse not working and I set affinity to single core

I like sa-mp affinity