PC Tips to Play GTA SA for Low End PC Users

For a while, I was one of you, the people who actually have a low-end PC. Here are some tips that I found useful to play GTA SA with as little lag as possible.

1. Go to Control Panel, Power Settings, and click High Performance. This will boost your hardware to give you more FPS.
2. Get GameBooster. This will shut down useless programs and other applications while you are playing a game.
3. Look up a tutorial on Virtual Memory. In rare instances it will help you performance-wise.
4. Overclocking (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW PC USERS). There are various ways you can overclock a CPU/Processor. BIOS is the main way you can do overclocking. If your BIOS does not support CPU overclocking, then you can not overclock. (DO NOT OVERCLOCK IF YOUR CPU TEMPS GO ABOVE 60 DEGREES FARENHIET DOING EVERYDAY TASKS!) Please make sure you have the appropriate hardware to overclock in the first place. If you are using a power supply that is below 400w, then don't even consider overclocking.
5. Shared Memory. (Look up a tutorial)
6. Defragment your Hard Drive.
7. Use Disk Cleaner after defragmenting to get rid of any unessesary files.

These are all the things I did to help out with my older low end PC, and I got about 25FPS out of it.

Old PC Specs:
Intel Celeron 1.6GHz
1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
Intel Integrated Graphics 945G 128MB
120GB 5400RPM SATA
250 Power Supply

Hope this helps out.

nice idea to post a tutorial
eventhough i know how already^^

10/10^^

Yeah might help some people get a few extra fps.

nice tut but i dont need

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTailsTheStunter
(DO NOT OVERCLOCK IF YOUR CPU TEMPS GO ABOVE 60 DEGREES FARENHIET DOING EVERYDAY TASKS!)
You mean Celsius right? My normal temps are about 36C without OC. I don't think you can't go above 60F.