GPU cooling

Hey, i have a bunch of coolers in ma comp, includin GPU cooler. i overclocked it a lil, the case is open and i get 69єC max. Would i get lower temperatures with a closed box? or is it better open.
Please only reply if you are sure of what you are saying!
thanks!

BTW im not worried bout the temperature, as its 69єC on 99% GPU usage. i just wanna know if i close the side case il get better temps or not !

Well, I cant say nothing about aero dynamics :3

But for eg, macs have a certain way of getting the air in, When the case is on, it will be cooler because it directs the air.

But i guess you just have a PC, Leaving the case open lets more air in, But it's not directed like it is when it's on, You should have 1-2 fans blowing air in the front, Then 1-2 fans at the back blowing air out, Then another fan blowing in on the side of the case, That's if you have fans on your side cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz (CrazyHL2.com)

But for eg, macs have a certain way of getting the air in, When the case is on, it will be cooler because it directs the air.

But i guess you just have a PC, Leaving the case open lets more air in, But it's not directed like it is when it's on, You should have 1-2 fans blowing air in the front, Then 1-2 fans at the back blowing air out, Then another fan blowing in on the side of the case, That's if you have fans on your side cover.
thanks for ur reply. yea its one of my old PC's. and this is my fan scheme:
in the back part of the case i got 1 fan rolling, undernead the PSU. Ive got the CPU cooler and my GPU cooler.
To turn the GPU cooler, what i did was install another cooler, on the bottom of the case right under the GPU, so it blows the GPU air back, but probably cooler... and the GPU's cooler gives it back, even cooler, then it goes back, cooler... its like a cycle, do you advise me to have the case closed?

If your GPU is over heating probly you will have to replace it, i had the same problem.... the GPU fan was fucked and it kept overheating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guedes_
If you GPU is over heating probly you will have to replace it, i had the same problem.... the GPU fan was fucked and it kept overheating.
Nah its not quite overheating, and i overclocked it and it keeps a nice temp, i just wanted to know if it would be cooler with a closed case

69 c is a normal temperature for a GPU

Generally leaving your box open is stupid, it was made to be closed. If your box is open your letting dust and foreign particles get into it easier, which could screw up your pc parts (I've seen this happen one to many times)

Open = bad
Closed = good

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
69 c is a normal temperature for a GPU

Generally leaving your box open is stupid, it was made to be closed. If your box is open your letting dust and foreign particles get into it easier, which could screw up your pc parts (I've seen this happen one to many times)

Open = bad
Closed = good
Thanks!

Good case manufacturers (Antec for example) design their cases to ensure that closed case airflow keeps the important components as cool as possible, closed case is always better, because if it is open, air flows right out the case!

The main thing a pc case + fans do is remove the hot air as fast as possible from your components and NOT bringing cold air inside so having one side of the case open helps. I don't know how some people manage to break their components and blame dust, the thing is that I've been without a side on my case for well over a year now and the last vacuum clean up I did was the day I took the side down and my computer is still up and running

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz (CrazyHL2.com)

And having 5 fans running at once isn't gonna cause heat either...