NPCs...

Can you have the same NPC running multiple times in different virtual worlds?

No, you can set NPC only to one virtual world, just like player.

So I can not run the same NPC multiple times?

Lets say, I have 5 virtual worlds and I want the same NPC to drive around those 5 worlds using the same NPC file

I think I know what your saying.

Allow me to be more clear...

I want the same NPC file running multiple times in different virtual worlds..

Basically, when a player connects I want the NPC to also connect with that player... So if 50 players connect, 50 NPCs using the same file connects...

And also, I would like to know if I can trigger things with the NPC using player actions such as, I want the NPC to start driving when the player is inside the car..

iam using one .rec file which lets drtve my Tram-NPC through the whole map. i let it connect each 27.2 seconds, one round takes about 8 minutes, that will sum up to 18 NPCs doing the exact same work (just delayed a nit), so the trams will never lack of a connection within 30 seconds at each station...
so far i didnt try to put them into different worlds, but my short answer is, just to agree, YES.
btw, i just try to get your concept - 1 NPC for each player, and all NPCs at different worlds, hmm... are u planning a "singleplayer" mission which needs to be done undisturbed? or like a time-travel-concept? w/e, the most things imaginable CAN be done, so just start at testing all basic commands which will sum up to a whole new concept!
plz give us some more hints for your upcoming revolution, i want to see your scipt in action

Thanks mate. I will be releasing it, it is missions but not singleplayer.