Linux Log

Hello Everybody,

I'm running my SA:MP server on Ubuntu Server. I did it with the nohup method, and in the wiki it says that you can find a detailed log in nohup.out.

The only thing which is in nohup.out is:
Код:
Started server on port: 7777, with maxplayers: 50 lanmode is OFF.
More not. No player joins, nothing. So it's not a very detailed log, is it?

If anyone can say me why and how it can be work, many thanks .

Greetz,
Pascal

nohup.out will show detailed log of the command itself, you need to check server_log.txt for the normal server log.

Yes I thought that too because on Windows it's that way too, but in the server_log it just shows the start script.

Ok, when typing this I found it. I runned the server as a normal user which can't write to the server_log file. And the start script listened there was of other attempts which I did today. So now when I run it as root. It will write everything to the log file like it should be.

Also thanks for getting me here .

Try to not run the server from root, neither login as root. Just make a side account from where you'll access and launch the server and don't forget the permissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AberKane
Посмотреть сообщение
Try to not run the server from root, neither login as root. Just make a side account from where you'll access and launch the server and don't forget the permissions.

Код:
adduser [YOURNEWNAME]
Then follow the guide and the password & log back with those new ids to start your server