Ping Error?

Wow, on the client it says i have like 200 ping on a server, if i go there it appears ingame i have 400 ping and then 300 then 400 then 200, 400 etc.. but on client i have 200, while homehosting client says my ping is either 4, 5 6, 3 etc. when i go ingame appears 140 ping, but on client keeps saying those low pings! and i dont lag on those servers the game says its 300 and 400 ping, the client says its 200!! Help me?
before you ask i dont have downloads running!

Well you do spent kb/s on hosting the server, and it kind of wastes more when you are in game.

Besides, I would never recommend using home hosting because home internet is not made for that and WILL lag if there will be 5-20 players or more.

I would recommend using this host if you plan on buying REALLY cheap and a strong host - http://billing.fsck-servers.com/aff.php?aff=004

I'm sure it's to do with how good your PC is and your internet connection. If you got a good PC (good being, few gb of ram, good graphics card etc) and a good internet connection, it won't be that high.

lool my point aint hosting a server at home, homehosting is just to test out maps and FS's i make. anyways before it showed 10 ping ingame, but the ping indicator ingame fired up in each server, and everythin is alright with ma net, same as before same ppl using, WLAN as ever, in same place. But the servers i had 200 ping now appears 400 ingame but the lag didnt increase, the ping indicator is just crazy..!