Can't find screenshots or savedpositions.txt? Look here

Since there are a lot of topics made asking for any of these two issues, I decided to create this topic in reply.
They should be saving in your GTA San Andreas directory. By default, this is:
C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas

If you are sure that none of this files is saving correctly here, keep reading.

This solution may just work for Windows Vista or Windows 7 users. If you have an older Windows version (like Windows XP), you won't find the solution here.

Why this happens?
- Because of the User Account Control (UAC) system implemented since Windows Vista. If this setting is on and you aren't running sa-mp and GTA as an administrator, this system will prevent sa-mp to create new files in the GTA directory, and will create them in a sepparate (and kind of hidden) directory.

Solutions:

* If you just want to see your screenshots and your savedpositions.txt files regardless of where it's located, you can access this hidden directory in the following path:

Local Drive X:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas
note:
Quote:

- AppData is a hidden folder by default in windows. If you can't see it, you can just add it to the end of the current path in the address bar and press return, you should be able to access it this way.
- Inside the VirtualStore folder, the path you have to access might change depending on where you choosed to install GTA San Andreas. You should follow that path.

* If you want the savedpositions.txt file and the screenshots to save in the main GTA directory, you can either deactivate UAC (not really recommended), or run SA-MP and GTA as administrator. To perform this, do the following:
Quote:

1 - Go to your GTA directory (most likely located in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas. It can vary depending on your OS drive, and the path you installed GTA in).
2 - Right click samp.exe and select properties.
3 - Select the compatibility tab, and tick the "Run as an administrator" checkbox near the bottom. Then click accept to close this window.
4 - Right click gta_sa.exe and select properties.
5 - Select the compatibility tab, and tick the "Run as an administrator" checkbox near the bottom. Then click accept to close this window.

From now on, your savedpositions.txt file and your screenshots should save where they are meant to save.

As some may know, Vista is not like Windows XP, so I'm here to help, a lot of people get confused because they are using a Vista PC and they cant find the screen-shots. If you are using a Vista PC and can't find your screen-shots (F8 ones) then read this.

* Go to My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files, Rockstar games, GTA San Andreas.
* So now your screen should look like this...

You will see Compatibility Files, click it and you will see all your screen-shots.

Done, now you can happily take screen-shots without worry.

my screenshots still aren't saved but savedpositions.txt has always worded.
I tried both solutions, the first one: I don't have such file.
the second solution: doesn't work, I checked Run as administrator in both files, but it doesn't work.

when I press F8 I get this:

Screenshot taken samp49.png, the next time I take a sceenshot, it's still: Screenshot taken samp49.png.
it's always the same number.

The screenshot bug happens to me too - and I use WinXP.

Thanks.
Provlem resolved

Thanks you helped me

Thanks. This helps alot

The first thing I ever did after getting windows 7 is turning off UAC. It is the most annoying thing ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by °ғαιιοцт°
my screenshots still aren't saved but savedpositions.txt has always worded.
I tried both solutions, the first one: I don't have such file.
the second solution: doesn't work, I checked Run as administrator in both files, but it doesn't work.

when I press F8 I get this:

Screenshot taken samp49.png, the next time I take a sceenshot, it's still: Screenshot taken samp49.png.
it's always the same number.
Try setting your folder options to see the hidden files and folders, then you will find those files/folders. The screenshot bug may be because you have too many of them in the file? I'm not sure, try erasing them if you find that file

Thanks worked for me the Local,virtual etc.