What is wrong !!! :(

I have a legitimate copy of GTA:SA, it is v1.0, there are no mods, I am running XP Home Edition Sp3
SA-MP(0.3a) starts fine my name consists of all 'legal' characters but when I try join a server LAN or Internet it does nothing the gta_sa.exe pops up in the taskmanager for 2 seconds then disappears the cursor doesn't change to a disk and the dvd is in the drive . I am able to run the SA-MP(0.3a) on other computers but not mine showing that it is the computer. My computer was formatted a while ago so all GTA:SA files from my previous single player that was modded are not on the computer.
I have tried everything and no it is not the gta_sa.set file from your userfiles folder.
It seems similar to this problem http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=138522.0 but the game doesn't even start when i say connect. I have hit a wall I don't know what else it could be. Do certain programs affect it. I have MySQLServer 5.0 and I noticed there was some SQL or MySQL code so would this affect. What could be the problem