[GameMode] [GM] Carlito's Roleplay 0.2x ==> 0.3a

Well I thought that much people who use this mode doesn't know how to convert the mod correctly so it will work with 0.3a with out errors and crashes.
Heres what I did if anyone wants to look what is changed.
Added:
forward OnPlayerPrivMsg(playerid,receiverid,text[]);
forward OnPlayerInfoChange(playerid);

Changed Lines:
1674 ==> 1691

Commented out Lines:
14105 ==> 14117
16163 ==> 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
DONT PM ME, I WONT REPLY

Dynamics: The script is completely dynamic, meaning we can set every single thing that you see ingame with a simple command. No restarts needed for anything at all a part from main script changes. This makes for better roleplay experience and all round effectiveness.

Business System: Each business has a business type assigned to it, every type gets different commands, so again it will make for a better roleplay experience. Currently there are 7 types of business.

Phone Networks: Much like real life, when you get a simcard and you top it up. The money from phone calls amd text messages goes to that network. It's the same in the script, you buy phones from businesses that are phone networks and all money from calls and text messages goes straight into that businesses till. This is a feature i wanted to create from day one as i think it's great.

Advertisements: Unlike most roleplay scripts, to do an advertisement you must be in an advertisement business, there are several spread out throughout the city and are all player-owned.

Car System: I've decided not to add player-owned vehicles as of yet, it's easily done and will be added in the future if the playerbase is ok. At the moment the car system enables administrators to park vehicles, change models/colors etc. Also set factions to cars.

House System: House system is just like any other house script, you can buy,sell,rent. Only difference in mine is that you can store up to 2000 materials and 500 grams of drugs in your house. But be aware, the police can raid houses.

Faction System: Much like any other faction system, except factions can be created ingame with simple administrator commands.

Vehicle Engine System: Our vehicle engine system is very simple, like most others. Fuel will not go down in vehicles unless the engine is turned on and if the engine is turned off you will be froze until you exit the vehicle (Hit Enter) or start the vehicles engine. Fuel will go down if the vehicles engine is on and the vehicle is unoccupied, for a more realistic feel.

Vehicle Lock: We do not use vehicle params for our vehicle lock system, we use custom vehicle checks. If you lock a car, it's not only locked for everyone else besides you, it's also locked for you! If you want to unlock, you must stand beside the vehicle.

Serverside Money: This makes spawning money, IMPOSSIBLE. Which means we can be sure that all our players money was earned.

Pickup Streamer: We can have up to 30000 pickups, this makes for stability when adding large amounts of houses.

Jobs:
Arms Dealer: as the title suggests, you will be selling firearms if this is your job.
Drug Dealer: Your job will be to earn money supplying drugs to the city.
Detective: You will be able to find people, if they have there phones switched on.
Lawyer: You will be able to get justice for those wrongly imprisoned, and set them free.
Products Seller: You will supply products to business owners.

And more, check the script.

Download This is the old version 0.2X!
All the credit for the mode goes to Norn, I only converted it for 0.3a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle
Added:
Those callbacks are removed in 0.3 and they shouldn't be forwarded, they should be deleted except if you're going to do something with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Correlli
Quote:
Added:
Those callbacks are removed in 0.3 and they shouldn't be forwarded, they should be deleted except if you're going to do something with them.
Well the thing is that the GM is actually uses them that's why I added them. If you want you can check the lines where I changed and you will see it does use them.

Quote:
Well the thing is that the GM is actually uses them that's why I added them. If you want you can check the lines where I changed and you will see it does use them.
No, it doesn't. I just checked it and i don't see any call for the OnPlayerPrivmsg or OnPlayerInfoChange, just these two public functions and some code in the OnPlayerPrivmsg-callback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Correlli
Quote:
No, it doesn't. I just checked it and i don't see any call for the OnPlayerPrivmsg or OnPlayerInfoChange, just these two public functions and some code in the OnPlayerPrivmsg-callback.
Don's right, you need to do something with them, like I did. When I started to change my script from 0.2 to 0.3 I kept all the publics but I simply used them.
I made a PM command using OnPlayerPrivmsg.

is this a SAGC edit? or is SAGC a Carlitos RP edit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_scoth
Its not an Edit just conversion to 0.3a that's it.
and the unused Callbacks I'll deal with them abit later and reupload./...

Quote:
Actually, SAGC is a Carlito's RP edit!

Anyways, I think you should remove the callbacks "OnPlayerPrivMsg" and "OnPlayerInfoChange", is not a big deal.

Nice conver if u can please pm me how to convert!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark
Quote:

Anyways, I think you should remove the callbacks "OnPlayerPrivMsg" and "OnPlayerInfoChange", is not a big deal.
lol, well, euro the "creator" of SAGC never mention that anywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shark
Quote:

lol, well, euro the "creator" of SAGC never mention that anywhere
I know... I just find out a week ago. I saw in middle of the SAGC topic, that he meant this... but in first post of the SAGC topic, there's nothing talking about it.

Well as I know if you host the server on a Linux OS which doesn't like to work with files rather with a DB, cause I saw many servers crash allot cause they worked with Files... and also DB isn't stable that much cause I know a script that crashed cause it had to contact the DB every tiny shit it had to check! instead storing that shit in vars(Thanks to MenaceX^ for that info )

thank alot

Hi..I have a big problem with the gm for sa:mp 0.3. When I Hosted it on my pc, in local, the gamemod seems to work...when I hosted it on my server, the server don't responds, like when is crashed. I tried to compile the gamemode, and I found many errors:

C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1575) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "idx2"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1543) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "idx"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : error 012: invalid function call, not a valid address
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : warning 215: expression has no effect
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

4 Errors.

Please help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker89
Hi..I have a big problem with the gm for sa:mp 0.3. When I Hosted it on my pc, in local, the gamemod seems to work...when I hosted it on my server, the server don't responds, like when is crashed. I tried to compile the gamemode, and I found many errors:

C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1575) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "idx2"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1543) : warning 203: symbol is never used: "idx"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : error 012: invalid function call, not a valid address
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : warning 215: expression has no effect
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13996) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

4 Errors.

Please help me
Without the lines, will be so hard to help you.
About the "idx" and "idx2" you just delete, because "is never used", simple like that, else, the other errors, maybe you missed a ";" or a bracket, I don't know. Post the code

public SetPlayerToFactionColor(playerid)
{
if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction] != 255)
{
if(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fUseColor])
{
if(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fType] == 1)
{
if(CopOnDuty[playerid] == 1)
{
SetPlayerColor(playerid(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fColor]));
}
else
{
SetPlayerColor(playerid,COLOR_CIVILIAN); // line 13996
}
}
else
{
SetPlayerColor(playerid(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fColor]));
}
}
}
return 0;
}

this is the function...the string in bold and red is the line 13996.

When I Deleted idx2 and idx, an others errors as occured

C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1595) : warning 217: loose indentation
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13992) : error 012: invalid function call, not a valid address
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13992) : warning 215: expression has no effect
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13992) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found ")"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13992) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(13992) : fatal error 107: too many error messages on one line

4 Errors.

if(RegistrationStep[playerid] == 2)
{
if((strcmp("male", tmp, true, strlen(tmp)) == 0) && (strlen(tmp) == strlen("male")))
{
PlayerInfo[playerid][pSex] = 1;
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[INFO:] You have set your sex to: Male.");
RegistrationStep[playerid] = 0;
TogglePlayerControllable(playerid,1);
PlayerInfo[playerid][pRegistered] = 1;
return 0;
}
else if((strcmp("female", tmp, true, strlen(tmp)) == 0) && (strlen(tmp) == strlen("female")))
{
PlayerInfo[playerid][pSex] = 2;
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[INFO:] You have set your sex to: Female.");
return 0;
}
else
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_RED, "[INFO:] Invalid sex, type male/female.");
}
return 0; // line 1595
}

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

public SetPlayerToFactionColor(playerid)
{
if(PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction] != 255)
{
if(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fUseColor])
{
if(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fType] == 1)
{
if(CopOnDuty[playerid] == 1)
{
}
else
{
SetPlayerColor(playerid,COLOR_CIVILIAN);
}
}
else
{
SetPlayerColor(playerid(DynamicFactions[PlayerInfo[playerid][pFaction]][fColor])); // line 13992
}
}
}
return 0;
}

ah...with the delete of idx and idx2, the errors occured on the line 13996 seem to have disappeared...this is a strang things, i guess

Ok, try this:

Edit----

When I post here, or I post in pastebin, the code get crazy.
So, I upload the source code, with your lines. I hope you understand and can fix your problem.

Here is: http://www.mediafire.com/?m2ziw5iyljz

Ok...now it work thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyker89
Ok...now it work thanks
You're welcome!

I'm back....uff...when i resolved the problem occured, the gamemod doesn't work correctly, when I use a command in the game, the server sends me a message: [ERROR] your not an administrator, that's for all command, even non-existent commands, like...for example.../ghdhdjdsjfgk or /hello...so I tried to re-host the original and unmodified gamemod of carlito's roleplay for 0.3, it's work with the file .amx that's content in the .rar downloadable on this post, for 0.3, but when I tried to compile it, there are many and many errors, 26, so the gamemod .amx work corretly, but if I want to change something, I can not do because there are these problems in the Gamemode .pwn...even if I not change anything, there are these problems...help me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1544) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1544) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1576) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1576) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1697) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1697) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "cmd")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1723) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1723) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1732) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1732) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1860) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1860) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1887) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1887) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1897) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1897) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1923) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1923) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1933) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1933) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1959) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1959) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1973) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(1973) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(2001) : error 017: undefined symbol "strtok"
C:\Documents and Settings\Spyker\Documenti\File ricevuti\CRP_0.3a\gamemodes\crp.pwn(2001) : error 033: array must be indexed (variable "tmp")

26 Errors.

new idx; //1543
tmp = strtok(text, idx); //1544
if((strcmp("(", tmp, true, strlen(tmp)) == 0) && (strlen(tmp) == strlen("(")))
{
if(text[1] != 0)
{
format(string, sizeof(string), "(( [LOCAL OOC:] %s says: %s ))", PlayerName(playerid),text[1]);
ProxDetector(20.0, playerid, string,COLOR_FADE1,COLOR_FADE2,COLOR_FADE3,COLOR_F ADE4,COLOR_FADE5);
OOCLog(string);
return 0;
}

if(RegistrationStep[playerid] == 2)
{
new idx2; // 1575
tmp = strtok(text, idx2); //1576
if((strcmp("male", tmp, true, strlen(tmp)) == 0) && (strlen(tmp) == strlen("male")))
{
PlayerInfo[playerid][pSex] = 1;
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[INFO:] You have set your sex to: Male.");
return 0;
}

public OnPlayerCommandText(playerid, cmdtext[])
{
new string[256];
new cmd[256];
new idx;
cmd = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1697
new tmp[256];
new giveplayerid;

if(gPlayerLogged[playerid] == 1)
{
//==================================================[ADMINISTRATOR COMMANDS]=================================================
if(strcmp(cmd, "/gmx", true) == 0)
{
if(IsPlayerConnected(playerid))
{
if (PlayerInfo[playerid][pAdmin] >= 20)
{
GameModeRestart();
}
else
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[ERROR:] Your not an administrator!");
}
}
return 1;

if(strcmp(cmd, "/asetleader", true) == 0)
{
{
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1723
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /asetleader [playerid/PartOfName] [FactionID]");
return 1;
}
new para1;
new level;
para1 = ReturnUser(tmp);
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1732
level = strval(tmp);
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /asetleader [playerid/PartOfName] [FactionID]");
return 1;
}

if(strcmp(cmd, "/agotobusiness", true) == 0)
{
{
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1860
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /agotobusiness [id]");
return 1;
}
new id = strval(tmp);
if (PlayerInfo[playerid][pAdmin] >= 1)
{
SetPlayerPos(playerid,Businesses[id][EnterX],Businesses[id][EnterY],Businesses[id][EnterZ]);
SetPlayerInterior(playerid,Businesses[id][EnterInterior]);
SetPlayerVirtualWorld(playerid,Businesses[id][EnterWorld]);
new form[128];
format(form, sizeof(form), "[INFO:] You teleported to business ID: %d.", id);
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_ADMINCMD, form);
}
else
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "Your not an administrator.");
}
}
return 1;
}

if(strcmp(cmd, "/abusinessproducts", true) == 0)
{
{
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1887
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinessproducts [businessid] [amount]");
return 1;
}

if (PlayerInfo[playerid][pAdmin] >= 7)
{
new id;
id = strval(tmp);
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1897
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinessproducts [businessid] [amount]");
return 1;
}

if(strcmp(cmd, "/abusinessprice", true) == 0)
{
{
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1923
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinessprice [businessid] [price]");
return 1;
}

{
new id;
id = strval(tmp);
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1933
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinessprice [businessid] [price]");
return 1;
}

if(strcmp(cmd, "/abusinesstype", true) == 0)
{
{
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1959
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2,"[BUSINESS TYPES:]");
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_ADMINCMD,BUSINESS_TYPES);
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_ADMINCMD,BUSINESS_TYPES2);
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinesstype [businessid] [type]");
return 1;
}

{
new id;
new form[128];
id = strval(tmp);
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 1973
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2,"[BUSINESS TYPES:]");
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_ADMINCMD,BUSINESS_TYPES);
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_ADMINCMD,BUSINESS_TYPES2);
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinesstype [businessid] [type]");
return 1;
}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if(strcmp(cmd, "/abusinessentrance", true) == 0)
{
{
tmp = strtok(cmdtext, idx); // 2001
if(!strlen(tmp))
{
SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_LIGHTYELLOW2, "[USAGE:] /abusinessentrance [bizid]");
return 1;
}
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Perhaps I should try to delete?

Since the errors are the same in the different lines (the idx and idx2 are the same that I had at the beginning and I have to remove them, but I wanted to show you all the errors that I have found when the gm was unmoded)