Why does my ip change

hey guys when i go to whatismyip.org it shows an ip but if i go there the next day it changes. Its constantly changing and so its hard to maintain a server with a diff ip everytime. Or is there any way to get a permanent IP??

Happens to me too it sucks

Is there any way to change it...

Basically, you are receiving your ip via DHCP from your isp. Call your ISP and ask them if they offer static ip addresses to residents. There may be an additional, small monthly fee($1.00-$5.00 usually) for this depending on the company. If not, there's nothing you can do about it.

you could only use domains with updaters which update the domains ip everytime
for example no-ip ^^
just use ******^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┤ŞąiBЄЯҒПŋ├
for example no-ip ^^
just use ******^^
no-ip does not update when your ip changes

you need dydns for that

http://www.dyndns.com/

Im having the Same problem..how do i use a weburl as my ip..please give more info and helpp..please

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbuster
Im having the Same problem..how do i use a weburl as my ip..please give more info and helpp..please
You can't... The IP will change and SAMP doesn't hold the hostname address, It only adds the IP once it resolves it.

You can contact your ISP and ask them to give you a static IP instead of a dynamic one.
Do note they usually charge money for this or it's not even possible with their network.
Please remember that home connections are not made for hosting, that's what you have servers and datacenters for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ┤ŞąiBЄЯҒПŋ├
for example no-ip ^^
just use ******^^
no-ip does not update when your ip changes

you need dydns for that

http://www.dyndns.com/
That still will not work.
Because when you type in e.g. test.no-ip.org:7777
It will change the domain to a IP. Which you do not want. The only way about it is to get a Static IP or even better.
Get a host with a better connection than you.