Windows 8

Well, windows 8 is still in its beta/premature stages.

What do you think about it, and have you tried the developer preview?

I personally do not want to get the developer preview, but I'm going to get windows 8 as soon as it comes out in my area.

It actually looks a lot like the windows phone (duh...). It supports touch screens heavily and looks like it will be a pretty elegant looking system.

Tell me what you think.

EDIT: Funny that exactly when I start this thread, another thread started in 2009 gets bumped.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=112760

Technically it got bumped on the 14th, and again 4 hours before you made this thread, just saying.

- Camacorn

Why do they release new operating systems and phase out older ones? They will cut support for Windows 7 in 2013 for this new Windows 8 stuff, why can't they just update such elegant things for windows 7 instead of having to make a twice as expensive brand new operating system that you can just get by buying a phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.Clement
Посмотреть сообщение
Why do they release new operating systems and phase out older ones? They will cut support for Windows 7 in 2013 for this new Windows 8 stuff, why can't they just update such elegant things for windows 7 instead of having to make a twice as expensive brand new operating system that you can just get by buying a phone...
You see, i don't see why people keep saying you can get Windows 8 on a phone, the ONLY feature that is anything like the Mobile OS is the Metro UI, but once you press your start button or click 'Desktop', you are taken to a Windows 7 style desktop, the Metro UI is pretty much just a bonus feature.

This is what Windows 8 looks like when you log in:

( Click to see full size. )

- Camacorn

They planned to cut support for XP somewhere in 2008 (probably wrong year, but you that's not the point), but due to the popularity of it, they extended it...as long as much people use W7, they will have to support it. Otherwise it's a marketing fail.

Anyhow, on-topic, it's good that they say it runs on few resources. People might actually move from XP to W8 then. The new gaming engine

Well, All that matters to me is that that the Operating System can support games such as GTA San Andreas.

Hope it will be cool I will look on some pictures

Windows 8 Sold Out ?

I am running Windows 8 as we speak, it uses half the resources of Windows 7, and gaming is flawless on it.

@seanny, SA:MP runs perfectly fine.

- Camacorn