(Creating a server) Need suggestion.

Hey guys, i've been playing SA:MP for 6 years now, i started scripting about 2 years ago, and so far i've got a decent script. I've owned couple of good servers before, but now i am thinking of opening another one.

Do you think SA:MP will be popular in future with GTA-IV and GTA-V coming. I am not sure about GTA-V but i know GTA-IV had its multiplayer at one point.

Server is not RolePlay, Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, it is basically single player where you can choose who you want to be, what gang you want to be in etc, you can own a property or a house but it does not have the "No Deathmatch" roleplay aspect of it, anyways i think is an unique script.

Final question - Would it be a good idea to opening a server with all the servers we have?

Well who knows? it's certainly more popular then GTA-IV is current considering IV-MP didn't go so smoothly and lacks population it may be considered, however GTA-V is said to be based on the same map as SA which will attract players but SA-MP has survived all these years i'd like to think it would continue

So basically an RPG server?
It depends on how you design the server, not just script it. It should not just be an idea that you thought of multiple times while playing server X. You should think it trough; can feature X work alongside feature Y? can feature Z be abused? does feature A fit the game mode? ETC.
This is why people do not innovate anymore in Sa-mp, it is just too much design and it is just not worth it in most cases.

I don't think it would be a good idea to make threads like this anymore. But honestly, opening a server now and days is an issue. I am debating whether to open my server or just releasing it to the public. Because i know that if i run the server i won't get very many players playing my server because they will think "It's just another gF, Vortex, etc edit."

If the script was actually unique, and had proper advertisement you never know your server could become really popular. But the chances of that happening are very slim. But all in all the thought of opening a server is TOTALLY up to you. Don't let anyone else make up your mind.

I want to see something unique. Something never seen before. I prefer RP servers. But I dont like servers based on real life. Like Houses and Jobs (I think those kinds are boring. If i wanted something on real life, id go out and get a job rather then play a game about it)
Something Unique. Ive been thinking about a Tron, or even a Stargate/Startrek themed server.

Id like to see what you can come up with, but there are just too many servers out there based on real life. to end with this quote "Dont make a hotel like home. If a hotel was just like home, you might as well stay home. People go to hotels to get away from their home."

open RPG.

Quote:

If the script was actually unique, and had proper advertisement you never know your server could become really popular. But the chances of that happening are very slim. But all in all the thought of opening a server is TOTALLY up to you. Don't let anyone else make up your mind.

Most of those unique servers are empty, players tend to stick to what they are used to.

GTA IV and GTA-V will be completely different from San Andreas, SA-MP will always be popular because of the amount of customization we can do on our servers and the fact that a lot of people aren't able to handle next generation games on their computers and imo the fact that san andreas is the best of all the gta's.

Do what YOU think would be good.