[Discussion] Gamemode ideas

Right so I've been thinking of a few gamemode ideas, some minigames and some full plot gamemodes and I've decided to pass them on as I'm pretty much done with scripting (bored) but I'm sure people would enjoy playing some of these.

The different scripts would be:

Saw - seen the movie ? It would be like a big fun house, you would try and escape and do puzzles to advance through it, some puzzles would require help and some not so you have to use tactics to survive (don't just kill all other players).
We could use bots to simulate some players (trapped in cages etc) and use like the LV meat factory interiors and body parts etc, we could make it pretty sick looking hehehe. I'm sure tons of traps and nasty ways to die in Samp could be thought of and scripted.

Titanic, Psideon - this would be a huge maze of rooms (custom interiors) on a few different levels which again would be puzzle based (but mostrly mazes) so you need to work together to get out and this one would be timed obviously as the ship would be sinking (this is why we need custom interiors, so we can move the objects). If you chose the wrong path and the ship had sunk too far you wouldn't be able to get out and you have killed yourself etc (round based, gmx).

Kamakazi/Car darts - little mini game, think of the sumo rings most people use in thier sumo servers and then think about a road above this (offset to the side and raised then tilted) which we drive down and we go over a ramp (on the road) and try to land in certain spots. This would actually take skill as you would have to control your direction and speed to control where you land on the board and after a while you would get good at it.

Well that's about it for now, I haven't given them too much thought as you can see, well that and the fact that I suck at explaining

I just thought I would share the ideas as I probably won't make them myself and I'm sure some people are always trying to think of unique things for thier servers so there you go.

Please feel free to discuss these ideas, help expand them or design them etc.

Thats good idea of SAW, im good scripter and if there is anyway i can help PM me or reply on my reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by caremayko11
Thats good idea of SAW, im good scripter and if there is anyway i can help PM me or reply on my reply
Yeah I like the whole idea of the Saw type GM, it would require lots of team work and interaction between players (whole point of multiplayer).

If you didn't go overboard (huge map) and concentrated on say ten rooms then you could make the round start with ten players (use VW if more players etc) and each room requires one less person to figure out the puzzle or trap etc. This would force the players to work together but then also give them the option of turning on the others (group decision) or simply not saving them or whatever, it would bring more to the table than just the puzzles as only one person can win (the last trap would make sure of this).

I'm thinking along the lines of the second film, this is very much what the idea would be (group of people escaping before a time runs out).

Damn I use '()' too much hehe.

Yeah i watched all parts. We will give players 5-10 Minutes to escape or more (depend how hard the map is or puzzle)

Nice Idea's, caremay if your interested PM me, i got a host and domain.We could start the server,Also i got more Idea's which we can discuss.

I really like that SAW idea, thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBullet
I really like that SAW idea, thanks for sharing
No problem, I hope something comes from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by &&Saiber
Nice Idea's, caremay if your interested PM me, i got a host and domain.We could start the server,Also i got more Idea's which we can discuss.
sumhow i know this name but from where?
lol why u got my name? XD

and ontopic:
damn nice ideas there donny
had sum ideas like that already too^^
like puzzle GMs
but those were mostly like crazy n i don't have that much time :]

Oh, It came to my mind that it will be even better on SAW idea to add creepy sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBullet
Oh, It came to my mind that it will be even better on SAW idea to add creepy sound
Good idea, with that player thing in the plugins you could use actual snippets of his voice couldn't you ?

I've not used it just skimmed the thread but yes this would add realism which is always good, screams, ticks and trap noises etc, this would make it very realistic (well as much as possible).

Saw is a great idea, but isn't it hard to script a kind of trap thing?

If anyone else want to join us add me on msn : Mayko90@Hotmail.com we have 3 Scritpers (me and two other guys) 1 mapper (me) We need mappers. We have host so See ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeri
Saw is a great idea, but isn't it hard to script a kind of trap thing?
Nah its evrything about playertopoint if player do somthing wrong wall or box fall on him or he starts losing helath.

We need good mapper if anyone for job PM me thank you evryone.

Weakest link or WWTBA-Millionare, what about the wheel of fortune also ?

Yes a random bump, just thought of them a minute ago so thought I would pass them on.

The questions would be SAMP related obviously, hmm I may do these ones myself but anyway there they are.

Edit:

Mapping the studio would be the hardest part, one studio could be used for all three games though (vw).

Sounds nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niixie
Sounds nice
Yeah the Weakest Link game would be the best I reckon, it would be good for the multiplayer aspect.

I'm going to look into getting a studio together (I suck at mapping) and then I think I will actually make the WL one myself, will be a bugger thinking of thousands of questions though all SAMP related.

Right now I'm off to kick my mates arses on the Wii so it will have to wait

Did anything ever come of this ?