Why does samp not use the latest PAWN?

I had just installed the pawn developers package (mostly just to use Quincy) and found out the latest pawn compiler version was 3.3.4127, yet included in samp 0.3 is version 3.2.3664 which was release in 2006-11-10. So I was just wondering after looking at the bug fixes to pawn why hasn't it been updated in samp?

Probably because there is no major bug fix with pawno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraX
Probably because there is no major bug fix with pawno?
First off pawno is an editor not not the pawn language itself, pawno (if I remember correctly) was written by Spookie and has nothing to do with the question I asked. Pawn has had many updates/bug fixes since 2006 you can read about the most recent stuff here http://www.compuphase.com/pawn/pawnhistory.htm I was just wondering why we still use this older version. Is there some incompatibilities, or do we use a custom compiler, or has it not been updated simply just because.

More importantly is there going to be problems if I compile my scripts with the newer version?

I think the pawn compiler that sa-mp uses is slightly modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gappy
I think the pawn compiler that sa-mp uses is slightly modified.
At least it has an hugh library(samp native function,etc)
But I'd glad to see samp pawn update to newer version.

SA-MP uses a custom version of the PAWN compiler.

This was mentioned during the 0.3 RC versions, and I forgot why exactly the PAWN compiler for SA-MP couldn't be updated, but it was something like the custom compiler couldn't be updated without redoing their modifications, or there weren't enough notable updates to PAWN.
Kye did, however, fix a security hole in the SA-MP PAWN compiler for an 0.3 RC version after seeing that had been fixed in a newer PAWN version.

ev0lutionnn is right.
You can read more here:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?top...5689#msg745689

I downloaded Quicy's, it took ages to compile my gamemode Approx +- 15.000 lines

I use Quincy, but I use the SA-MP compiler. It's really easy to stick the SA-MP compiler into the Quincy config. One of the main differences between the SA-MP and stock compilers is this:

pawn Код:
#define TEST_STRING "This is a string!"

// in SA-MP
print("What is this?" #TEST_STRING);

// in stock
print("What is this?" .. TEST_STRING);
You should be able to guess what that does. But if something isn't broken, don't fix it.