PROBLEM COTTON

This person was banned from my server Samp`s finest about 6 times constantly causing problems on the forums and server fighting ,ban evading ,saying he was going to make a program to shut down madoshi and my server and any other servers he likes we have called his service provider to put a abuse report in shortly after i had 48 players in my server in server crashed i checked my logs to find this

[17:27:45] Incoming connection: 92.3.11.255:21263
[17:27:45] [join] Cotton_509 has joined the server (31:92.3.11.255)
[17:28:04] RCON (In-Game): Player #31 (Cotton_509) has logged in.
[17:28:10] RCON (In-Game): Player [Cotton_509] sent command: exit
[17:28:10] --- Server Shutting Down.
[17:28:10]

also he has mentioned he has a program that guesses passwords to msn ******** ect and was saying he noticed i have them just wanted to put out there dont let this guy on your server

I would reccomend not using RCON. Use a scripted admin system. Ban anyone who logs into rcon using OnPlayerRconLoginAttempt. That's what I do.

Better solution would be using a more secure rcon password.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikep.
I would reccomend not using RCON. Use a scripted admin system. Ban anyone who logs into rcon using OnPlayerRconLoginAttempt. That's what I do.
Or just disable RCON entirely.

I don't use rcon, but if you wanna use rcon make a password like this: 022i32jekwjidjij83ji3jidmiemji9fji4jei4fm44imifjm4 inf4infi

Quote:
Originally Posted by /^We(stie|z+[e|a
r)$/ ]
Quote:

Quote:
r)$/ ]
Quote:
r)$/ ]
Quote:
agreed
i also like the banning on login attempt idea ^^