[0.3a] Vehicle Sync (Vehicles drive sideways)

Never seen this before, but cars at our racing server sometimes appear to drive sideways.

AdrenalineX - Vehicle Sync Issue

I have seen this a lot in 0.3

i get it alot

I've seen it a lot as well.

Yeah, I also get it loads, they also look like their speed hacking sometimes also. They also sometimes look like their being flipped over and driving while being stuck into the gorund.

This bug is very annoying and looks wierd, but hopefuly its fixed in the next release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callan_G - Dark Pheonix
I Actually don't get this a lot on my server, however most of my players are US Based as well as the server.
It dosn't happen often, unless their driving really fast.
lol Might be then, most of the players don't drive fast since it's located in a small area
Glad to see you aren't Holding grudges btw

When using spec mode, this will about always happen.
I think we can set invec_rate to aviod it.

Happens all the time to me

I can confirm this also. I thought it was just me.

Haven't been noticing this bug on my server... But in other servers I can confirm this..Including AndralineX

I can also confirm this. It's more frequent that it was on 0.2

Had this to al lot, first a thought it was the problem of that player's PC but now it seems to be a SA:MP 0.3 problem.

Noticed this sometimes when "lag pitting" someone or "lag hitting" them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezizhu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rac3r
Код:
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 20
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 400.0
stream_rate 500
Maybe player will easily fake-disconnect when gathering at a time by this setting
Can you explain to me why please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [03
Garsino ]
Noticed this sometimes when "lag pitting" someone or "lag hitting" them..
I think you're 100% right there, but only if they're up the road. I think next to you (or close) would display the correct vehicle sync.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezizhu
Quote:
Код:
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 20
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 400.0
stream_rate 500
Maybe player will easily fake-disconnect when gathering at a time by this setting
Can you explain to me why please?
I dont know why
But I've played some servers that must gather at a time(like deadly combination),some and me often lose connection when gather in.
And when I try to set rate higher(100 or so), the condition will be fine.

I think samp using disconnection instead of temp lag

Thanks for the quick response and advice.

Happens with bots, if there in a car and you make an obstruction it passes though it and drives at 70-80 degrees for a while
Id say for sync sa-mp 2 was alot better
wtf did they do to the sync?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braduz
Happens with bots, if there in a car and you make an obstruction it passes though it and drives at 70-80 degrees for a while
Id say for sync sa-mp 2 was alot better
wtf did they do to the sync?
That's done on porpouse actually.
Imagine this situation: Player A, and Player B are driving around in a server. Player B is downloading stuff using most of his bandwidth, and therefore lagging. Player A is car-surfing on Player B's car. Player B uses the handbrake and makes a 180є turn. Now, since Player B is pretty much lagging, there will be some packetloss, so the car would suddently turn from a 20є facing angle to 120є, and then to 200є. Just those three packets.
If the car position was updated just like that, the movement will be extremly sharp, and Player A would most likely fall, and the Player B's turning will look just weird.
Then, to avoid this, I think that SA-MP attempts to make those angle changes smoother, by gradually setting the angle to the correct position, and not doing it just at once. Then, Player A will see Player B's turn a lot more smooth (since even although just 3 packets were sent with the car's angle, the rest of the turning angles were calculated by SA-MP's client) and most likely not fall.

Or at least that's how I think that it works.

This issue wasnt that normal in 0.2X, but in 0.3 its very normal. In most turns at high speed, the rotation desyncs