[How to]Play samp on linux!

CONFIRMED IT WORKS!!!!!!
LINUX ONLY! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR WINDOWS SYSTEM!

this is what you do

Step1[*]Install wine[*]install gtasa + samp

Step2[*]Download the asi gta sa loader from http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/download.php?f=10136

Step3[*] The download consist of two DLLs: "VorbisFile.dll" and "vorbishooked.dll" These must be placed into your GTA:SA install directory and overwrite original "VorbisFile.dll" with ASI Loader one.

Step4[*]Next rename samp.dll to samp.asi.

After this, you will be able to launch games from samp.exe as if from Windows.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=18213

Good to know that it works. Maybe I will really move to Ubuntu some day.

It can give some problems to people who has multiple monitors. The fullscreen option doesn't work well then. But you can play in window mode, that worked well for me.

To play in window mode, go to your wine configuration, click the Graphics tab and select "Emulate a virtual desktop". For desktop size, enter a resolution that is just a bit smaller then your real resolution (my resolution is 1680x1050, choosed 1280x1024) and click apply. Now start sa-mp again and you are able to play

Now only sound is giving me some trouble, after 5 minutes of playing the sound stops working. I think it's probably my X-FI soundcard because of the terrible linux support of creative =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by habl
It can give some problems to people who has multiple monitors. The fullscreen option doesn't work well then. But you can play in window mode, that worked well for me.

To play in window mode, go to your wine configuration, click the Graphics tab and select "Emulate a virtual desktop". For desktop size, enter a resolution that is just a bit smaller then your real resolution (my resolution is 1680x1050, choosed 1280x1024) and click apply. Now start sa-mp again and you are able to play

Now only sound is giving me some trouble, after 5 minutes of playing the sound stops working. I think it's probably my X-FI soundcard because of the terrible linux support of creative =)
Don't much people have multiple monitors

i do

Thanks for this tutorial, even though Linux is like a pain in ass for me thanks maybe one day ill also move to it lol.

Wow! I never knew that I can play SA:MP on the PC of my father ( linuxpc)! It helped me a lot. Thanks!
Now I'm playing SA:MP on his computer, too.

- Creed

I was 1: amazed That it existed and 2: that it was never posted here

glad to see someone found an alterantive to the method i used ( witch failed cause of the loss of files lol ) good job mate

Awesome, I might try it out some day