I always get such low FPS

Hey, for some reason every time i play samp i get around 10-20fps which is really annoying. The funny thing is though is that i can actually get alot more FPS playing crysis on medium - high settings.
First of all here are my specs:

- Dell XPS M1530
- Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00ghz x2 (4.00ghz)
- Nvidia GeForce 8600m GT
- 3gb RAM
- 250gb HDD

Here is an example of the lag i get (2fps): http://www.xfire.com/video/17c881/

Ive tried switching to minimum graphics settings on gta sa but i still get the same low fps. I also got low fps on 0.2 so it isnt anything new to 0.3 :/

well what is your average ping?
also /fpslimit 30 could help it from lagging

Quote:
Originally Posted by marharth
well what is your average ping?
ping has no effect on fps, RTFM before saying plz.

Have you tried to set Frame Limiter to off under GTA SA advanced display options?

I have tried everything, my frame limiter is Off and i have tried doing /fpslimit 30 which doesnt work. Tried turning all my graphics to low and it still doesnt work. I can run singleplayer fine is just samp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonReim
ping has no effect on fps, RTFM before saying plz.
Haha, you are funny.

Turn frame limiter off and do /fpslimit 100 (not 30)

Do you get bad fps when there are lots of other players around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clum'
Haha, you are funny.

Turn frame limiter off and do /fpslimit 100 (not 30)

Do you get bad fps when there are lots of other players around?
That's not related to ping at all.
And no, I don't get bad FPS with Very High graphics quality in GTA SA settings and 16xAA set in NVidia Control Panel.

ping is when your PC sends a data packet to the server and the server sends one back...
if you have high ping you will receive less packets which can cause the client and gta sa to lag and have low fps
however it is likely that it has something to do with your graphic settings, or you have a lot of processes running.
try different numbers with /fpslimit and see what will be stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marharth
ping is when your PC sends a data packet to the server and the server sends one back...
if you have high ping you will receive less packets which can cause the client and gta sa to lag and have low fps
however it is likely that it has something to do with your graphic settings, or you have a lot of processes running.
try different numbers with /fpslimit and see what will be stable
Wrong, ping was never related to FPS lag. ping is only related to player-lag a.k.a. sync-lag a.k.a. network lag.

and why do you believe that?