Server sync stops after a while?

On a popular server about 130+ the sync stops after a while, i can still move around but everyone is just standing still and i cant kill them either also the chat and cmds stop aswell.

I saw that in the betas

Yes I've had this problem so many times now, also, sometimes when you kill yourself (Or someone kills you), your HP bar flashes, but you don't actually die, you're also de-synced, other players can't see you, and you have to jump of somthing high to kill yourself properly. It's very odd.

NOTE: This is copied from a topic I created on Las Venturas Playground forums.

So, first of all as usual my internet will go all slow like it's going to timeout, which is fine .. because I know that's a problem with my internet. Thing is, instead of losing connection and showing the start screen (LS Pier in 0.3 Vinewood screen in 0.2x) it will like ... time me out but keep me connected, so I see what everyone is doing .. like they are moving normally and shit .. but I can't talk, use commands, etc. etc. that you can do when you're properly connected. It sounds to me like something is seriously fucked up with the network code in 0.3, but just to be sure I reported it here. This has only been happening recently.

Also, on a timeout (sometimes it will properly time me out and show LS Pier screen) on reconnecting I am stuck at the Pier screen, but I am connected, like I can talk and login and all that shit .. but can't spawn. However, yesterday I found a fix for this ... literally .. on asking an Administrator to fix my account, I was spawned and fully connected. Again, sounds more like a SA:MP bug .. but whatever, still pissing me the fuck off.

In addition to the first bug, the main bug ... I've just had it happen again. This time I tested it more, I found that I could kill people still, but the sync was totally fucking fucked .. like I could shoot at someone from one place, move .. and shoot them again .. but they would be shooting at the place I was previously shooting from. Now, after I kill someone (which is hard enough trying to do it half timed out) they don't "die" they just wall-run like they have timed out, then when they are re-spawned they disappear.

Edit: And like I said in the first post, during this time, you cannot use commands, or talk using any chat (ie/ @, ; or #) you're just kind of .. there.

Edit 2: Just had it again ffs, getting more and more frequent it's fucking useless .. but anyways, I was on the ship .. and I could still kill people .. on the ship. I had weapons, on the ship .. I could drive cars .. on the ship. I wasn't jailed, however when I /q and logged back in I was in jail and got the "You have been sent back to jail" message. I was kindly unjailed by someone.

So you can understand the importance of this bug? Here are some screens:-

Okay, now if you have ever played LVP, you will understand most of that .. if you haven't don't worry. The first bit should give you the general idea. 4 or 5 people from the same community have also reported this issue.

IMPORTANT:If you have experienced similar issues, or have experienced this issue before please write a small detailed post of what exactly happened. What were you doing, etc. etc.

I've been experiencing this too. And it has only been on LVP so far. On another server I play on, with roughly the same amount of players as LVP had at the time I had it, infact my server had a couple more / couple less. Similar distance between the two servers and my home too.

I'd be ingame, camping by the ship on LVP then kill a couple people then all of a sudden not be able to speak and stop being able to see anything in the chat. So I went onto irc and noticed what I type comes up on there, aswell as others. So I weren't really disconnected. I could still fight people too until they had low health then they'd stay still for a minute or so then come back with full armour and health.

Then I reconnected the night it happened and then when I got the problem again, no blips were moving and when I went to the position of the blips there were no one there.

Also note that both servers upgraded to SA-MP 3 soon after it came out too...but this problem only just started happening on LVP (and for me, and a couple others, only LVP).

Edit: When I had this problem the second time and went to blips and there'd be nobody there, I could still see my and other's chat on irc, so I know I wasn't disconnected.

Happened to me also.

Apparently this has also happened before, in 0.1b? A player on LVP said on the forums it was called the "whitebug".

Updated first post.

What's LVP?

This happened to me at 0.2X when someones player was crashed, he was running, I wasn't able to kill him, then "player %s was timed out!"

Lol .. no. Please re-read the first thread, what you are describing sounds like a normal timeout.

And the answer to your question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Right M.I.A!
What's LVP?
.. can be found in the first post too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Right M.I.A!
This happened to me at 0.2X when someones player was crashed, he was running, I wasn't able to kill him, then "player %s was timed out!"
That's usual, as the Time Out proccessing takes time.

Used to happen in 0.2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF1-4-LIFE
Used to happen in 0.2x
I have never experienced this until now, never had it in 0.2x. Are you sure?

Happened a few times in 0.2 R2, but it was so few time i just ignored it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
Yes I've had this problem so many times now, also, sometimes when you kill yourself (Or someone kills you), your HP bar flashes, but you don't actually die, you're also de-synced, other players can't see you, and you have to jump of somthing high to kill yourself properly. It's very odd.
It is when u have some connection problems ir server crashes, but get online after few seconds. When u get message Lost Connection from client and u connect automaticately, then this bug shows himself

Badd connection between you and the server.

I get this too, although it just seems to be the chat, people still move about, but they warp everywhere.

I've had this quite a few times in 0.3.
Generally happens right after connect, or soon after.

All reliable packets from server -> client seem to get dropped. So you can't see chat, script commands don't work on you etc. etc., but you can still send reliable packets. Unreliable data (ie: sync) still comes through fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
All reliable packets from server -> client seem to get dropped. So you can't see chat, script commands don't work on you etc. etc., but you can still send reliable packets. Unreliable data (ie: sync) still comes through fine.
I can also say i've had that, exactly the same probelm as you Mike. Has only happened with 0.3 though. I didn't think nothing of it though, though it might be a script error, but seeing this post, makes me think it isn't.

Players on my server had it on 0.2.2 and 0.2X, but not in 0.3.

Now that this topic has been made, it has happened to me 3 times in a row on 0.3a. All on different servers.