Suggestions For Future Sa:MP Versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ЂЯĢ
Why would you suggest something you don't need?
Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell911
what is streamer?
Lol.

------------------------------------

I'd like to see the player streaming/overall sync improved. Get rid of that whitebug for players with slow connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell911
what is streamer?

also, that would be a one time download, if there are changes in server, just need to modify/delete/add files(download) so it wont be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka™
Kye already said it won't be added (any mod stream or whatever you want to call it) because then you will have to wait to enter the server.

I would like to see some improvements on animations.

1. Fix animation internal timer bug. If you do not freeze player during animation (opt4 = 0) then timer (opt5) won't work.
2. Give us a function with which we can detect if player is performing an animation.
3. Improve sync of the animations between players (so animations aren't cleared until we apply other animation or use ClearAnimations).
4. Fix ClearAnimations since you can't clear many animatiosn with it at the moment. I think the purpose of that function is only one (clearning animations), so it should work on all.

The ability to add more buttons for dialogs. Like you did on the spawn buttons.

LOS Check between players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_
Quote:
Originally Posted by russooooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_
To see if he's paused, run a timer in OnPlayerUpdate that gets called in 2 seconds. In that timer function, you will know the player is paused. Kill the timer before you call it.
I didn't understand a shit. Sorry for the bad word but i don't know other for this case.

Can you please show me? Thanks.
pawn Код:
There's an easier way to do this:
pawn Код:
new lastupdate[MAX_PLAYERS];
public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid) {
    lastupdate[playerid] = GetTickCount();
}
Then to check if they're paused, use:
pawn Код:
if(GetTickCount() > (lastupdate[playerid]+2000))
You can also define it like this, to have a simple function to use:
pawn Код:
#define IsPlayerPaused(%1) GetTickCount() > (lastupdate[%1]+2000)

The Ability to edit the spawn dialog thing...

Position, Color, Text

These are my suggestions, I guess some of them already posted here, but anyway:

- better SDK for plugin developers (at least the ability to call natives in convenient way, without hackish tricks with the AMX, and a way to catch callback calls)
- GUI handling functions allowing create, destroy, move, change dialogs, not just show them
- increase the max number of filterscripts (or make unlimited) (I know it can slow down the server, but let it be a problem of server admins and not of scripters)
- Unicode support
- script internationalization system - probably a separate file for every script having the same name loading automatically with it where we can place message translations (I think it can be an *.ini with one section for each language)
- script configuration system - like in my previous suggestion, a separate *.cfg file with a set of options and a number of functions to work with it (ConfigGetInt, ConfigGetString, etc)
- built-in object streamer (or if you follow my first suggestion I think someone will definitely make it as a plugin)
- built-in anti-cheat (client-side)
- built-in account system (to make life easier)

Wow, nice idea! i support this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karkanos
My image is a example

New Dialog style: DIALOG_STYLE_ELECTION

Код:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,dialogid,DIALOG_STYLE_LIST,"Welcome to Samp comunity","Welcome","\nWelcome to the Sa-mp comunity\nplease read the Rules of server","Rules","\n-No spawnkill\n-No Carkill\n-No Drive-by","Ok");
/imageshack/i/samp004qh.png/

Dialog position

Код:
SetDialogPosition(playerid,dilogid,posx, posy);
/imageshack/i/dsfds.png/

How about a special script function that allows you to set everyone's FPS limiter on no matter if it is off or on?
I've heard of a lot of problems with sync in SA-MP and a certain Multiplayer Modification (not mentioning any names here xd) has a built in FPS Limiter Function.
That Modification has hardly any problems with sync.
I know people are going to start flaming me for this but trust me, this could solve some major problems with SA-MP and allow our community to grow even larger.

"identity" system (MAC adress, HDD serial - Good for an affective ban system)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSD
How about a special script function that allows you to set everyone's FPS limiter on no matter if it is off or on?
I've heard of a lot of problems with sync in SA-MP and a certain Multiplayer Modification (not mentioning any names here xd) has a built in FPS Limiter Function.
I know people are going to start flaming me for this but trust me, this could solve some major problems with SA-MP and allow our community to grow even larger.
No. (fuuu)

I think this would be just a stupid idea. A breach of your rights as a player. What major problems would it solve? Explain this to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSD
I would agree in some things. Removing/modifying those things would be excelent. And seriously, there are some "trusted" members that must get removed. They have fucked up the game experience.

I know that this post is going to be removed and maybe i'll get punished... the truth always needs to be hidden isn't it? (Pastor D: ).

Edit: I agreed with the GUI/Dialog system.

Ability to search on Hostname in the client. Replace it with the map filter.
Who cares about the map anyway? 3/4 of the time it's 'San Andreas'.

Quote:

No. (fuuu)

I think this would be just a stupid idea. A breach of your rights as a player. What major problems would it solve? Explain this to me.

Well first, people with High FPS would be limited by the system and everyone would be on the same level of smoothness, making gameplay better.
And for those trying to remove my post, I'm just stating an opinion, not a cruel or evil statement.
I love SA-MP as much as the next guy, but it has its share of problems, and I would like to help solve these problems.

Some idiot keeps deleting my posts, how unnecessary.

Yeah but, don't you think that's a little unfair to people who want to run the game at it's maximum? People with good PC's could lag... personally, that'd piss me off knowing I have a good PC and I'm lagging? I might even think something is wrong with my PC. I have a shit PC anyways and experience some kind of lag most of the time so you can't say I'm being bias towards you or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _❼_
Some idiot keeps deleting my posts, how unnecessary.

Yeah but, don't you think that's a little unfair to people who want to run the game at it's maximum? People with good PC's could lag... personally, that'd piss me off knowing I have a good PC and I'm lagging? I might even think something is wrong with my PC. I have a shit PC anyways and experience some kind of lag most of the time so you can't say I'm being bias towards you or anything.
I agree with you mostly, because I'm still running on a Pentium 4. But people would still be able to turn the quality of the game up if they wanted to. They might be running at 25fps (or whatever you put in the script) but the game would still look and feel nice.

Please bring the old score menu back. The new one really annoys me.

SA:MP 0.3 was a big mistake, GUI wise. The dialogues were good.. But even they have problems (certain buttons only, etc)
Bring the 0.2 GUI back

Insert people and police in the script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Z
View Post
Insert people and police in the script?
Like NPC's like in single player, just like in the official GTA 4 MP?
That'd be fun.