[Plugin] Streamer Plugin

<__Ǝthan__>: That is possible, I suppose. What you could do in your script, though, is lower the streaming distance for any checkpoints that are very close to each other so that the nearest one will always be visible.

[SU]BP13: I will gladly try to fix the problem if you can provide me with some more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
<__Ǝthan__>: That is possible, I suppose. What you could do in your script, though, is lower the streaming distance for any checkpoints that are very close to each other so that the nearest one will always be visible.

[SU]BP13: I will gladly try to fix the problem if you can provide me with some more information.
That is exactly what I did for now. It still would be nice to have that added to avoid complications, but no worries, you don't have to rush.

nice streamer

the only thing that i dont like is the checkpoint streamer
nearest would be best

Thanks. The nearest checkpoint is automatically streamed, but you can only see one on your screen at a time. This is why I suggested lowering the streaming distance if necessary in my previous post.

Suggestion:
GetPlayerCheckpoint(id);

would return checkpoint id if player is in some, -1 if not.

I would attempt to fix it if I knew anything about plugins. I guess I will have to deal with it until someone else finds out whats wrong.

amazing plugin Incognito,

this is the kind of plugins that should be include in the sa-mp servers releases!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4x
this is the kind of plugins that should be include in the sa-mp servers releases!!!
No, not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |№іі7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4x
No, not really.
SA:MP should have object, pickup, (race) checkpoint and map icon streamer included by default like it has player and vehicle streamer in 0.3.

I've got an idea. What about adding possibility to attach map icons and checkpoints to players and vehicles? It would be very useful if that is done for map icons since we can mark players and vehicles (since vehicle objective can't help us much in 0.3) on map with them then.

Where, and how would I exactly lower the draw distance for all of the objects? Other than that, the streamer works amazingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hayden
Where, and how would I exactly lower the draw distance for all of the objects? Other than that, the streamer works amazingly.
yeah i stream about 15,000 to about 25,000 objects including houses ints islands etc.. plus about 300 checkpoints for houses and about 300 3dtextdraws for house and it all works perfect no lag! its great

Well I have an island that I built with around 500 objects in close range, and when I had xStreamer, with the distance lowered it worked great. Now when I tried this, it tries to load as many as possible, and many of those being the large ground peices far away, so it doesn't load the closer ones, for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hayden
Well I have an island that I built with around 500 objects in close range, and when I had xStreamer, with the distance lowered it worked great. Now when I tried this, it tries to load as many as possible, and many of those being the large ground peices far away, so it doesn't load the closer ones, for some reason.
i don't get that problem this works better then xStreamers 100x BETTER!

Huh. Guess it was some kind of glitch on my part, it works great now! Best streamer ever :P

Glad to see that it is working well.

$ЂЯĢ: I could do that, but it is probably not a very good idea in practice. I would have to destroy and recreate the map icon on each update if its position has changed, and this would not exactly be a smooth transition unless the tickrate has been set to a very low number.

On a related note, Rebel suggested object grouping to me some time ago on IRC. I think this could be quite useful, so I might implement it later.

Quote:
$ЂЯĢ: I could do that, but it is probably not a very good idea in practice. I would have to destroy and recreate the map icon on each update if its position has changed, and this would not exactly be a smooth transition unless the tickrate has been set to a very low number.
I know, but making map icons for marking vehicles from distance is the only way since we can't use vehicle params on non-streamed vehicles.

Quote:
Glad to see that it is working well.

On a related note, Rebel suggested object grouping to me some time ago on IRC. I think this could be quite useful, so I might implement it later.
Object grouping with roation support, PLEASEEEEE!

Not sure if this is already reported, but theres a bug with SetDynamicObjectRot. It moves the objects rotation scriptwise, but doesn't update unless you go out of its stream location and back in.

Sorry about that. I made a small typo in the include file. Try the download link again.

Edit: While testing a few things in my server yesterday, I discovered a bug in the plugin that caused newly created items to use existing IDs when previous items were manually destroyed. My IRC plugin was also affected by this. Fixed versions of each have been uploaded.

Are there any object converters for this streamer yet? im really keen to use this but to lazy to change objects