[Plugin] Streamer Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
Very nice. But somehow could make make the objects load about 1 or 1/2 a second faster. They don't seem to be loading in time for places over the sea for example.

I would also like to request CreateInteriorObject.
You could lower the Streamer_SetTicks time and the objects would load much faster, not sure how badly it will effect your server in terms of lag.

Also I would like to request some sort of StreaObjectsForPlayer, which we could use on SetPlayerPos so the objects would load instantly so you wouldn't have to free the player for the objects to load first.

Gappy do you know how often the server checks for objects in ms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
Gappy do you know how often the server checks for objects in ms?
Default is 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
Very nice. But somehow could make make the objects load about 1 or 1/2 a second faster. They don't seem to be loading in time for places over the sea for example.

I would also like to request CreateInteriorObject.
You will have a new native which will force streaming object for a player, so you will just use that one after you teleport to that custom interior position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_punk
Like the sound of the update. Has anyone done an official speed/max object test with this plug-in? Kinda curious to see the results before I go and try to switch everything over. I am mostly interested in seeing how it compares to YSI.
Same here. *kyo wouldn't mind seeing how it does against xstreamer as well*

Quote:

Note: This number does not represent any specific measurement of time

well that is not very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosaur!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber_punk
Like the sound of the update. Has anyone done an official speed/max object test with this plug-in? Kinda curious to see the results before I go and try to switch everything over. I am mostly interested in seeing how it compares to YSI.
Same here. *kyo wouldn't mind seeing how it does against xstreamer as well*
it's faster then xStreamers i use it now i use this one its much much betetr i been waitnig for somting like this thanks so much for making this !!!!

EDIT: when i use on my home test server it's fine witch is windows but as soon as on my host witch is linix its not working like it says it loaded the plugin just the objects aint showing?

also after about 10 mins of being ingame it auto close my server its not my script as its fine with xstreamer i have done it all right and its 100% not my code this happens on windows and linix.

hmm this loads slower than xStreamer for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
If you do Streamer_SetTicks(30); on OnGameModeInit the objects load almost instantly.

$ЂЯĢ: Yes, I have decided that I will stream race checkpoints and 3D text labels as well.

cyber_punk/Kyosaur!!: I just tested with 1,000,000 (one million) objects in my local server, and they all streamed perfectly with fine with two players connected. Memory usage was around 100MB, and when a player moved, CPU usage jumped to about 5% using the default tickrate (obviously, if you have that many objects created, you will need to raise the tickrate—unlikely, though, because it took me several hours to create them all in my script!). These numbers can be a little misleading, though. The best thing to do is to simply try it out on your server and see how it fares. At some point in the future, I will create a zoning system so that there will be less objects to iterate through on each update. By the way, there is no limit to the number of objects that can be created (well, technically, there IS, but you will probably run out of memory before reaching it).

[SU]BP13: The tickrate varies. For me, a tickrate of 100 was about 200-300ms, but for slower processors, it will probably need to be lowered to stream objects effectively. Try a few different values to see what works best for you.

Shady91: The Linux version has a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

A small update: I expected to get the newer version out sooner, but I was busy with something else yesterday. I will test some more streamed items in a few minutes and see how it goes. Also, because of the memory leak in PawnCommand and the bug in Linux, I cannot recommend using this plugin on dedicated servers at the moment, but feel free to to test it on home servers until I finish the updated version (which should be soon).

Edit: Ignore this post.

I have got that bug in linux - In windows everything works great!Like the best streamer ever!But on linux only ObjectSlots are changing-i will be waiting for that update - i like making objects with medit so i really need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
this close my server after about 5 min's of running it dose it for you? and its much much faste then xStreamers.

I only tested it on windows and it seemed to load slower I tested for about 10 minutes. I haven't tried it on Linux yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
I only tested it on windows and it seemed to load slower I tested for about 10 minutes. I haven't tried it on Linux yet.
i run it on windows for about 15 mins and it close the server.

No diference to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seif_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guedes_
No diference to me.
From what?
He probably refers to speed or something.

I can't wait for v2 because of checkpoint and pickup streamer

Update: I finished writing the streaming code and all of the new natives for the additional items yesterday. I am currently testing what I can and fixing any bugs I can see before I release the next version (there are about 60 natives now, so I probably will not catch everything!).

Also, for some reason, my post on the previous page is not appearing, so here it is in case anyone missed it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
$ЂЯĢ: Yes, I have decided that I will stream race checkpoints and 3D text labels as well.

cyber_punk/Kyosaur!!: I just tested with 1,000,000 (one million) objects in my local server, and they all streamed perfectly with fine with two players connected. Memory usage was around 100MB, and when a player moved, CPU usage jumped to about 5% using the default tickrate (obviously, if you have that many objects created, you will need to raise the tickrate—unlikely, though, because it took me several hours to create them all in my script!). These numbers can be a little misleading, though. The best thing to do is to simply try it out on your server and see how it fares. At some point in the future, I will create a zoning system so that there will be less objects to iterate through on each update. By the way, there is no limit to the number of objects that can be created (well, technically, there IS, but you will probably run out of memory before reaching it).

[SU]BP13: The tickrate varies. For me, a tickrate of 100 was about 200-300ms, but for slower processors, it will probably need to be lowered to stream objects effectively. Try a few different values to see what works best for you.

Shady91: The Linux version has a bug that will be fixed in the next update.

Good to see fast developement on this. If you need any more people for testing do not hesitate to contact me.