Win32/Heur Virus

Ok, so i downloaded a file the other day and when i tried to install it i got an error saying it could not be completed so i shut down the setup and deleted the file... when i looked in windows task manager i seen a process called squl.exe had appeared so i closed it, causing my pc to shut down and go into that blue memory loss screen...

now just today, a few minutes ago i went into my Local Disk C folder to go into my gta directory, and i seen multiple files by the names of
cjxlq.exe
gcnj.exe
qbvvypu.exe
rljrp.exe
wduaay.exe
squl.exe

i tried to delete them all and once again my pc shut down, then when it restarted it got to logon screen loadup (windows vista) and shut down again before the user names came up and done that about 3 times, untill now, finally i am running in safe mode using the Microsoft Windows Malicious Removal tool to scan..

also i noticed the folder Windows32 is not in the directory C://Windows...
does this mean i will have to re-install vista? i have too many files that i cannot loose, they are very important to me

any help would be appreciated thank you

I think your gonna need to format and reinstall.

WeeDarr

just an update. i made a mistake, it's not windows32, its system32 and i have still got it, im still scanning though, found 3 infected files... like i said i have too many important files to restart

--Edit--

Oh and also, this topic is a heads-up to everyone, if you find squl.exe or any of those files, do NOT try to delete them because you will only activate them, instead do a virus scan and remove them safely

That's why its important to back up your important files, with this you can possibly save them but in a fire you can't, just a heads up.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7224240AAhQNgf

****** "system32 deleted"

WeeDarr

my system32 folder is still there, untouched, but i just started searching on SpybotS&D, once its done i'll update you with the info

Thanks for your help WeeDarr

--Update--

Good news and bad news

good news: i managed to get my laptop working in normal mode again and removed some of the viruses and spyware i had

bad news: the squl.exe virus somehow managed to inject its fellow files into my window's dll files so if i try to delete one of the files, my whole laptop shuts down due to a fatal error to windows

--Double Update. (Maybe bumping?)--

Better news: i have successfully removed all viruses without the need to restore my laptop by a handy little tool made by Microsoft
i HIGHLY (excuse the caps) recommend it and it is a must have

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

You could have just booted in safe mode, then deleted those files but...whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoryz
You could have just booted in safe mode, then deleted those files but...whatever.
i did that and my pc shut off again, i spent the whole day scanning my pc with multiple anti viruses and anti-spyware tools, then when i thought i got rid of the virus it came back so i had to boot in safe mode, deleted the very last file that contained the virus..

i am very lucky i got this virus because when i was scanning i found out i had much more viruses that i known of
and i got a few gigabyte back on my hard drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie999
Quote:
i did that and my pc shut off again, i spent the whole day scanning my pc with multiple anti viruses and anti-spyware tools, then when i thought i got rid of the virus it came back so i had to boot in safe mode, deleted the very last file that contained the virus..

i am very lucky i got this virus because when i was scanning i found out i had much more viruses that i known of
If you've been installing warez, torrents, you are most likely to get viruses, as that is where more of them are spreaded.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie999
Quote:

If you've been installing warez, torrents, you are most likely to get viruses, as that is where more of them are spreaded.
I havnt been downloading anything from torrents or warez for quite some time now..

If you are using windows you can also delete .dll files. Your windows may tell you to shut down but windows has always had a process(something with S, can't remember the full name anymore) which will re-create that .dll file if it was deleted. Just for references.