Is it just me?

Well, recently I really have noticed that people aren't trying to learn pawn, no.. they are rather trying to get people do things for you.

I came up with the idea of making a tutorial on how to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v. With pictures and everything because it seems like such tutorials would benefit more people then a long post explaining something in depth. I thought I would post it in here(as I didn't really figure where this could belong to any better). I am asking for your guys opinion about this and please, when you are trying to express your own opinion, it would be appreciated not to cause an arguement right away. Its just that I am trying to find out what would be best for myself. Keep on posting in depth or just make it short and hand them a solution, what do you guys think?

PS: This is slightly linked to 0.3 Scripting and Scripting Discussion.

Mate, honestly. There are quite a few people on here, that run servers, pay for hosting, & cannot code pawn at all. They download scripts that they like, figuring they'll edit them. When they do try to edit them, they get errors & like you said, post & ask for a solution in the scripting discussion thread. Don't get me wrong, if you have a error / warning & you've tried to fix it but just can't see that problem. Go ahead post, it's just the stupid people who see it on their compiler & don't even hesitate to come & post another thread without attempting to fix it, or search for a solution that tick me off.

Edit: Your in-depth posts are great mate, they're very helpful. Although some people don't take the knowledge that you post & put it to good use.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Its just a matter of notice that I've seen pretty much the most having a problem only get placed the solution. It sorta reminds me like a hobo on the street. You see him and give him a fish, serving him for the day. If you would teach him how to fish, you would serve him for lifetime. I just don't know what people appreciate the most & care about the most. Trying to figure it out myself as I could really spend the time I am making larger posts in learning another langauge myself. Don't get me wrong but if people don't want to learn it, so may I learn it ;p . I am sometimes even more confused about why they post it. I mean, alot of errors are really easy to understand just by their warning and you can figure all the errors by having a small look in pawn-land.pdf. Its not like its impossible to figure. Oh well, I appreciate your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by [NT
Extremo ]
Yeah, I totally agree with you. Its just a matter of notice that I've seen pretty much the most having a problem only get placed the solution. It sorta reminds me like a hobo on the street. You see him and give him a fish, serving him for the day. If you would teach him how to fish, you would serve him for lifetime. I just don't know what people appreciate the most & care about the most. Trying to figure it out myself as I could really spend the time I am making larger posts in learning another langauge myself. Don't get me wrong but if people don't want to learn it, so may I learn it ;p . I am sometimes even more confused about why they post it. I mean, alot of errors are really easy to understand just by their warning and you can figure all the errors by having a small look in pawn-land.pdf. Its not like its impossible to figure. Oh well, I appreciate your opinion
pawn-lang.pdf

+ I see a lot of people who actually want to learn. That people fix their scripts etc. There are some people that do not want that and just go and ask but we kindly ask redirect them to the script request topic.

There's a slight problem with your logic there. Why would anyone want to read such a complicated(!) instruction manual anyway? If they did read it however, it would fix more or less fix all problems, and might actually introduce better coding practices!

My opinion is that too many people start too big, when they should be starting smaller.

WeeDarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeDarr
My opinion is that too many people start too big, when they should be starting smaller.

WeeDarr
I do agree. Newb joins sa-mp!!! Im making a server!

Dude, you dont even know how to spawn a car yet you're hell bent on creating a master list pwning RPG server

..without knowing how to script.

Amen.

Yea, I agree with WeeDeer. People join pawn scripting to start from HUGE projects like an RP server with LOADS of features, this is stupid. They refuse to learn and they ask every small stupid question in here..