Graphics card...

Hey. I'm picking out a new computer, and I want to know how much of a difference would there be if I got one with either Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTS240 or ATI Radeon HD 4350? Would I be able to play GTA IV on the ATI without a horible lag? Because there's this cheap computer with a good monitor included, with ATI graphics card, the one with NVIDIA, the screen would cost an extra 300 dollars, which I don't have to buy just a screen.

So to simplify that, would I be able to play GTA IV on a ATI Radeon HD 4350 graphics card?

No, it's not a gaming card. Take the HD 4870 512 GDDR3

Well you can buy hd 4890 1gb ddr5 for only 175Ђ. For that price you can get GeForce GTX 260. But 4890 is better.

Well if I need to choose between this two PC's I would get the one with Nvidia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesenice*
Well you can buy hd 4890 1gb ddr5 for only 175Ђ. For that price you can get GeForce GTX 260. But 4890 is better.

Well if I need to choose between this two PC's I would get the one with Nvidia.
Yes, Nvidia is much more reliable, had 2 of the 9400GT's for 1 year, and no problems.

Wait for the Nvidia GT300 Series. :D

Nah, if you really want a good card wait for the HD 5870, it's kickass. ATI is the best you can get atm for gaming.

I need some help regarding this too .. My previous PC got messed up and i am buying a new CPU , i am buying a new Graphic Card too .. But the best deal for me is Nvidia Geforce 8600 gs .. Just wanted to know if it is a good one and can play GTA IV without lags ?

It's not all about the graphics card, you can have the best but if your cpu is crap you'll still lag because IV needs a good CPU aswell as Card. For GTA IV the HD 4650 or 4670 enough together with a good CPU

I have

Intel® Core™ 2 CPU 4400 @ 2.00GHz
1.99 GHz , 1.99GB of RAM

Does it still lag ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WwW
Nah, if you really want a good card wait for the HD 5870, it's kickass. ATI is the best you can get atm for gaming.
I feel sorry for you, thinking that it will beat the GT300 series, it's nothing compare to the old nvidia cards for it's new architecture and features an ATI card doesn't even have.