SetVehicleParamsEx bugs

1) When the engine is turned off (set to 0) the rear/brake lights come on.
2) ManualVehicleEngineAndLights stops you riding bicycles unless you turn the engine on.
3) When ManualVehicleEngineAndLights is used and you enter the vehicle you still hear the engine turning on. You can also move approximately 10cms by accelerating or reversing as you enter it. I think maybe ManualVehicleEngineAndLights doesn't disable the engine until the player has enter it, so when you are entering it it isn't disabled, but disables once you have entered it? If this is the case then I don't think ManualVehicleEngineAndLights is necessary because you can script the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckzyBoi
Посмотреть сообщение
1) When the engine is turned off (set to 0) the rear/brake lights come on.
Haven't seen this happen myself.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
2) ManualVehicleEngineAndLights stops you riding bicycles unless you turn the engine on.
I don't think it actually disables the engine, it simply stops people from being able to accelerate. This also kinda explains your point below. Easily scripted around anyway.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
3) When ManualVehicleEngineAndLights is used and you enter the vehicle you still hear the engine turning on. You can also move approximately 10cms by accelerating or reversing as you enter it. I think maybe ManualVehicleEngineAndLights doesn't disable the engine until the player has enter it, so when you are entering it it isn't disabled, but disables once you have entered it? If this is the case then I don't think ManualVehicleEngineAndLights is necessary because you can script the same thing.
You can move when you press the accelerator, but only when pushed or on a slope. It's as though when you press W it takes it out of gear. I noticed this because when you turn the engine off while driving but keep holding down W, you can roll for ages. But if you let go of W, it grinds to a halt quite quickly.

Use ManualVehicleEngineAndLights and enter a car, you will see the rear lights are turned on :S

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Use ManualVehicleEngineAndLights and enter a car, you will see the rear lights are turned on :S
Confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite
Посмотреть сообщение
You can move when you press the accelerator, but only when pushed or on a slope. It's as though when you press W it takes it out of gear. I noticed this because when you turn the engine off while driving but keep holding down W, you can roll for ages. But if you let go of W, it grinds to a halt quite quickly.
This isn't really a bug, it's just how it is. The vehicle engine control had to be done in a way where it didn't interfere with existing modes. The assumption was made that most servers don't have much use for controlling the vehicle engine or lights and expected it to work the same way it did in previous SA-MP versions.

If you don't use ManualVehicleEngineAndLights(), SA-MP will just function as it always did, but your control over the engine/lights is limited - and it may not even be that useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
If you don't use ManualVehicleEngineAndLights(), SA-MP will just function as it always did, but your control over the engine/lights is limited - and it may not even be that useful.
How is it limited? I find it even more usable without ManualVehicleEngineAndLights(). For example, you can control vehicle with engine off, break lights don't come on if you are in a car with engine off on the hill where oyu can roll down, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memoryz
Посмотреть сообщение
Confirmed.
Double confirmed.
Also, don't forget the alarm bug (always gives 1 even if alarm is off)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
Посмотреть сообщение
How is it limited? I find it even more usable without ManualVehicleEngineAndLights(). For example, you can control vehicle with engine off, break lights don't come on if you are in a car with engine off on the hill where oyu can roll down, etc.
Maybe because it's not synced? dunno didn't test that out..