I have a Heavily edited carlitos script and my next project was to add jobs to it. i would love ot take the easy route and implement this already done job script sinc eit looks rather simple... but when i tried running it as a filterscript the money you earned from the job would not be given... It would show you got the money the money goes up then goes back down to the old ammount you had.... Heres the job script: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...highlight=jobs I need to know how to fix this within this gamemode script: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...light=carlitos

Thanks ahead of time

Mike

GM probably uses server-side money. You need to create a workaround. Like calling a remote function from FS, or using pvars to set players server-side money.

The money gets written to a user file, but i have no idea how to make that... can you take alook at the script for me and just help? ive tried ot make functions to tie into the gamemode but that failed.... im not sure how to do what i need to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtywe
View Post
The money gets written to a user file, but i have no idea how to make that... can you take alook at the script for me and just help? ive tried ot make functions to tie into the gamemode but that failed.... im not sure how to do what i need to do.
It gets written for saving purposes. But it also uses a extra variable to store the money, as the native functions set the money on the client side, thus it is easily abused. You have to edit your GM, so that the server-side money works with pvars instead, so you can also modify it in FS, or perhaps easier way to do it would be calling a remote function of GM, from your FS.

Server-side money usually uses some "third function" (not native) to give money. So instead of GivePlayerMoney it could be something like GivePlayerCash, or simply GiveMoney or something. So you modify your FS to call that remote function.

CallRemoteFunction

I actually tried that but the function gave erros without the pinfo code, then i did that ti would update th emoney still would reset. i can show you my edited script. Its GivePlayerCash

heres the code http://pastebin.com/qJTU8h2S

I suggest you to dump these FS's and learn a likkle scripting by.. well, scripting these jobs to the GM yourself. And what you know.. at the end of the day you might learn something AND have a unique server instead of having another copy-server while learning nothing.

I will not do it for you. I hope I helped you by telling you why the money in your GM resets.

Ok i see the callremotefunction so lets say this is what is used in the script: GivePlayerMoney(playerid, 600);

How do i implement this into the callremotefunction? is it: CallRemoteFunction("GivePlayerCash", playerid, "d, i", "600" ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtywe
View Post
Ok i see the callremotefunction so lets say this is what is used in the script: GivePlayerMoney(playerid, 600);

How do i implement this into the callremotefunction? is it: CallRemoteFunction("GivePlayerCash", playerid, "d, i", "600" ??
Like so:
pawn Code:
CallRemoteFunction("GivePlayerCash", "ii", playerid, 600);
It is documented in the wiki link I posted. Very similar to widely used format() function.

Thanks.

Ok, that did not work now it does not even show money increase/decrease... any other ideas?

JUst try to take the stuff in the filterscript and put it in the Gamemode. But becareful this script doesn't use a checpoint streamer and Carlito's does.

Код:
if(strcmp(cmdtext, "/buyticket", true) == 0)
	{
	if (PlayerToPoint(2.0, playerid, 1637.0205,-1155.8770,23.8984))
	{
 	    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_WHITE, "you have a ticket");
	    SendClientMessage(playerid, COLOR_PURPLE, "* Please drive in to the car park");
     	    CallRemoteFunction("GivePlayerCash", "ii", playerid, -600);
	    PlayerPlaySound(playerid, 1058, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
 		SetObjectRot(Gate,3.000000,1.000000,-2.000000);
   		Ticket = 1;
  		return 1;
  		}
	}
is This how thIS WORKs? CallRemoteFunction("GivePlayerCash", "ii", playerid, -600);