How do i play samp?

I cant play it, it wont let me

umm ? Explain more, like what happens?

Have you got the newest update v0.3b? Get it here

I typed in 127.0.0.1 (default) and it was working perfectly *Ping rises and falls. password still there* but when i try joining it just says "unabled to connect retrying"

PS my laptop wont play SAMP even with the latest version and a crack.

As luis said, check your versions. The error sounds as if you have two different versions for the client and the server, update both to 0.3b

its current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrownX
View Post
its current.
you said you put in 127.0.0.1 , are you hosting your own server?

well, i have a second IP (no-ip attempted, but port forwarded) but i cant go on it for a reason i dont know, anyways, I attemted to install SAMP on sa on my laptop but it wont play, it ended as soon as it was halfway there, i used a v1 crack, a v2 crakc and a special unknown crack but still wont load.

You say that the ping rises and falls so we know that the server has started properly. But once I found that entering a server could cause it to crash due to a conflict within the script. The script you use - have you made any major modifications to it if it was taken off this forum or have you made it from scratch? Can you confirm that the server is still running once you enter the server? Posting your server log would be a big help.

As others have said - check that you have the correct server version and client. If you're uncertain, try re-downloading anyway (http://sa-mp.com/download.php). You shouldn't need to port forward if you're trying to connect to a local server (a server hosted on your own computer) but if you want friends to join, port forwarding will be required.

Another thing it might be - although I doubt it - would be your actual game files. You've said you have tried several cracks? Depending on how you acquired your game, you will be able to use this >> http://frog.serverffs.com/gtasapatch.zip << .. only if you have the game disc (as far as I'm aware, you'll still need to insert the disc to play as this only reverts the game to version 1.0 to allow the game to be modifiable, but if you downloaded the game via torrents .. well use ******. Not sure if I can link to cracks on here). In the case that you are using a crack, you'll need one that reverts your game to v1.0 - doesn't matter whether your game files are v2.0 or 1.01 or even 1 as far as my knowledge extends. If you need help using the crack or applying it, feel free to PM me and I'll help you from there.

Hope I helped.

@UberSocks

I Port Forwarded but my IP isnt working properly, i cant enter my Router again because of my brother's asshole admin...

You'll have to be a bit more specific mate. What exactly are you trying to do? Are you just trying to play on a server that is being hosted off your own computer? Is anyone outside your local connection trying to join? Like I mentioned above, port forwarding IS NOT required if you just want to play on a server that you're hosting locally (127.0.0.1).

Are you encountering any errors in the server console or does it just say retrieving info in the SA-MP client when you try entering 127.0.0.1 to play on your own server?

Ok ok here:

I port forwarded, IP isnt working
brother admin-ass block me from entering, New Username and Password
I try 127.0.0.1, It wont load!

Here's what is in my server.cfg:

Код:
echo Executing Server Config...
lanmode 1
rcon_password *CENCORED*
map LS/RC
mapname Los Santos
maxplayers 100
port 7777
hostname Master Role Play [OPEN]
gamemode0 MRP_Ver_1 1
filterscripts vactions adminspec valkyrie towcars actions bus bomb gbank midostream bank
announce 1
query 1
weburl Not Available
maxnpc 5
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000