DDOS'd

Well, the server owner(one i script for) as just informed me that someone threatened to DDos us, and so, now, a few minutes ago, the server started restarting, ect, losing members, this would be the first time that a person DDos'd a server i scripted for or owned, any advice, or anything.? Or what should I do?

The best thing to do is to [attempt to] block the attacks, by using a proper firewall and monitoring your traffic properly, then firewall banning the IPs and whatnot what you see are spamming connections, etc. I don't think there's anything any SA-MP staff members can do to help you.

Or, the best course of action may to be contact your server host, it depends on who you're hosted by and their support.

Yeah, IP Ranged banned, and then he comes back with another server, and we're using KingJ, I always thought KingJ fails.. ;/ He came back with another IP and wanted us to give him stuff.. said he'll be back in 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLcke
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, IP Ranged banned, and then he comes back with another server.
I really don't see some guy with a bunch of "servers" goes to little "unfinished" servers to threaten DDOS and than do it?, Seriously its likely a bug in the script, And IP Ranged is just dumb... Get the DNS plugin and just ban his DNS or ISP simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLcke
Посмотреть сообщение
and we're using KingJ, I always thought KingJ fails.. ;/ He came back with another IP and wanted us to give him stuff.. said he'll be back in 5 minutes.
But see i run a server that has over 140-150 players on at times, I never got ddosed past 6-7 months and lots of people have threatened and such "yes" but none been "able" to do it because why? because its not easy to do it in SA-MP now days!, And most people that use to do it was just "kids" and no 10mbps or 5mbps attack will do anything towards my server, And same for KingJ's, So its likely either a "crappy script" you got running or if not contact KingJ about it, Hes pretty active to answer emails and such.

And the fact he wanted "stuff" from a server seriously bro, Nobody with a bunch of servers ready to "ddos" people gives a rat ass about a server that is "new" and "barely has any players", I believe its likely just a scripting bug causing the restarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr187
Посмотреть сообщение
I never got ddosed past 6-7 months and lots of people have threatened and such "yes" but none been "able" to do it because why? because its not easy to do it in SA-MP now days!
If only that was the case for everyone!

I remember a DDoS against Popz's dedicated server, the attack done nothing against the 1gbps port. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie
Посмотреть сообщение
I remember a DDoS against Popz's dedicated server, the attack done nothing against the 1gbps port. :3
Until someone like Netzeek comes along who commands multi-gigabit botnets. Those are the troublesome ones that aren't fun to cross and were at one time a pain in the rear.

Netzeek attacks were fun for me IMO. SA:MP can get boring after awhile and this gets a rush going.