[Plugin] Audio Plugin

Quote:

I assume it had been running for several days, though, before it finally froze?

Exactly. Several days I guess. Today it works fine, so far.
Quote:

Also, how long ago did you update (if you updated at all) to the version that I put up after I fixed the Windows bug?

I've got the version from January the 31st and I've just downloaded the one day younger one. I'll upgrade to it.

Hey,

If connect with my server, the server will be crash.
Do you have an idea?

Is there such a possibility that the song could have been let go at any given time? Well, here is that I turn the music on the entire server and the players who come in music began at this time which did not fly again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunSocke
Hey,

If connect with my server, the server will be crash.
Do you have an idea?
I have the same problem again. Whenever someone connects it crashes. Not always, but very often.

It's most likely a problem with one of your scripts then, because I know that this plugin is being used on a few large servers with no reports of crashes so far.

Yeah, I haven't got any problems with the program yet, but sometimes after a restart the client doesn't connect =(
Can you program a command or something for connecting mannualy?
Such as "Audio_ManualConnect" ....

And sometimes after 10 minutes beeing afk, the client doesn't recieve any files ...

Can you fix these problems please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
It's most likely a problem with one of your scripts then, because I know that this plugin is being used on a few large servers with no reports of crashes so far.
It couldn't be. I was testing it on plain manhunt here and only 1 audio FS - http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?top...0303#msg800303
This is so pathetic.
Can there be something incompatible with my fc4 machine? Or what else? I have no clue.

Meta: You can adjust the connection delay and retry attempts in audio.ini. I don't know what would cause sounds to stop playing after the game has been minimized for a while. What does your server log and audio.txt say?

CrαcK: I find it rather hard to believe that the exact same problem carried over from v0.3.3, because I've almost entirely recoded the plugin since then. The precompiled binary I provided could very well be incompatible with Fedora Core 4 (a pretty old version, by the way—have you considered upgrading?), so I highly recommend recompiling the plugin on your machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi-The-Beast
can someone help me please?

[15:09:37] *** Audio_SetPack: Error opening "audiopacks/default_pack/example.mp3" for CRC check
[15:09:37] *** Audio_SetPack: Error opening "audiopacks/default_pack/track.ogg" for CRC check
[15:09:37] *** Audio_SetPack: Error opening "audiopacks/default_pack/file.wma" for CRC check
[15:09:37] *** Audio_SetPack: Audio pack set to "default_pack" (transferable)

thank you
I believe you do not have those files in the default_pack do you? If you open the audio.ini file, you'll find those file names there by default, they are an example, but if you don't have them in the correct folder, that error should pop up.
So, if you want to test the plugin, edit audio.ini like:
[default_pack]
1 = yourmusic.mp3

and then put yourmusic.mp3 file inside the /audiopacks/default_pack folder. I hope not be mistaking you, because as you can read above, I haven't managed to do it.

thank you for reply
i found the problem
i added music but i named it only test, example....
didn't added the .mp3 at the end
now it works
thank you anyway

Ramirez_Casanova: Is the audio pack setting successfully with no errors in the server log? Also, are you using Audio_TransferPack under Audio_OnClientConnect?

Quote:
Ramirez_Casanova: Is the audio pack setting successfully with no errors in the server log? Also, are you using Audio_TransferPack under Audio_OnClientConnect?
Oh! I believe I've put it under OnGameModeInit I'm gonna if that is the problem. So that is needed each time player/client connects is it? Because it is possible to player diferent packs for each player, am I right?

Audio packs are global, so you can't set individual ones for each player, but you can change them at any time. Be sure to use Audio_TransferPack under Audio_OnSetPack as well.

Quote:
Audio packs are global, so you can't set individual ones for each player, but you can change them at any time. Be sure to use Audio_TransferPack under Audio_OnSetPack as well.
That was it! I've managed to put it working. You have done a great job with this plugin. It opens a whole new world of features. Thank you so much

I think I've found a little bit of a problem.

I'm using Windows 7 Beta Release Candidate 7100 (it's about to go poop anyway) and after opening the game, receiving the file, and quitting again, my computer goes annoyingly slow.

What's the solution to this?

hate to double post but I found my problem. I was using archives, and those take forever to do whatever it is they're doing (I don't actually use them, I just left it in the audio.ini).

I got another problem though. Is it possible to determine if the player has already downloaded the file? I think it's redundant to download the audio files every single time a player connects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Staff
hate to double post but I found my problem. I was using archives, and those take forever to do whatever it is they're doing (I don't actually use them, I just left it in the audio.ini).

I got another problem though. Is it possible to determine if the player has already downloaded the file? I think it's redundant to download the audio files every single time a player connects.
The process should close when the game has exited. If you leave while an archive is still extracting, just close saat_sfx.exe or saat_stream.exe in the task manager if either is still open.

Local files do not get re-downloaded if they match the CRC-32 checksums sent by the server. From the first post:

Quote:
  • Local file transfers with CRC checks and remote file transfers with file size checks to ensure that files do not get re-downloaded
  • Audio archive extraction with file count checks to ensure that audio archives do not get re-extracted

[23:52:22] *** Audio Plugin: Error accepting socket: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
Whats this mean?

How can you tell if a connecting player doesn't have have the audio plugin, besides the fact the player isn't connecting...

Maybe Audio_IsClientConnected?