[FilterScript] [MySQL R41-4] Dynamic Update System

Introduction
Hello, this is a new system which I have been working on for like 30 minutes, I use this on my own upcoming server and I just find it useful. Basically, you are able to add updates and changelog in-game, without having to re-edit the script every time you change your code or a system.

How to use it?
Download or clone the repository on GitHub, and compile the code. There are a few includes you need though.

Commands

There are currently three commands, two admin commands and a player command.

- /addupdate [status] [text] - RCON Admins
- /removeupdate [updateid] - RCON Admins
- /updates - Player Command

Credits
SA-MP team for a_samp
BlueG / maddinat0r for a_mysql
Emmet_ for easyDialog
Zeex for zcmd
Y_Less / maddinat0r for sscanf2

Screenshots
Here's a list of screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/fdIbGIs

Download
GitHub
Pastebin

Enjoy it.

great i really need this. +rep

That's clever! Good job man. Just a simple notice, dialogs with white font are better than the default color

This is hot, but you also have to check if the update list is empty and return by sending the client a message that the update is empty otherwise it'll show a empty dialog.

Good shit. +4 rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponga
View Post
great i really need this. +rep
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToretto
View Post
That's clever! Good job man. Just a simple notice, dialogs with white font are better than the default color
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
This is hot, but you also have to check if the update list is empty and return by sending the client a message that the update is empty otherwise it'll show a empty dialog.
Have you seen the screenshots? I have already done that, https://i.imgur.com/nblsJF2.png. Thanks by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_
View Post
Good shit. +4 rep.
Thank you .

Nice job here. Do you think your system can be a good sample to make a vehicle ownership system? Also i see you haven't used any enums, just normal mysql queries.

FYI, i'm referring to something like:

pawn Code:
#define MAX_REPORTS 50

enum rData
{
    reportID,
    reporterName,
    reportedPlayer,
    reportedReason
}

new ReportData[MAX_REPORTS][rData];

Good work

Good work, but consider these points:

1) Right now, every time someone types /updates, you perform a query to get all news items.
2) News items are the same for everyone.
3) The only time an "update" of the news items is needed is when a new one is added/removed.

News items are really just formatted strings. You need one instance of all strings (since they're common to everyone), and my suggestion is to use a Vector to keep track of all string values.

When someone creates a new entry, you just push back to the vector via VECTOR_push_back_str.
When someone deletes an entry, you just remove that entry via VECTOR_remove_str.
When someone enters the /updates command, you can just print a dialog with all the concatenated strings from the news vector.

Edit: When the gamemode first starts, you perform the query and populate the initial vector.

Haven't seen the code, but sounds fair enough for a 30-minute work. Well done.