Buy the best VPS

Where can I get the best VPS?

OVH, I guess?

extravm.com < cheap, good quality, ddos protection

https://www.hostwinds.com/vps/unmanaged-linux

All above is not cheap
Depend what you need

By the title, I thought it is someone advertising his VPS services....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coool
View Post
By the title, I thought it is someone advertising his VPS services....
Me too.

I say evolution host.

contabo. all the way. 5 eur a month for a pimp ass vps.

Tbh with a bit more investment you can get a dedibox @ online.net, had one for 2 years and awsome quality, connection hardware and no issues what so ever, they do charge a setup fee tho, but its worth it, you can either run linux os of your choise ofc, or windows server but thats up to the user to decide.

I recommend thoes guys for a good quality dedicated machine at a price of a vps nearly.

For lower cost i would say Scaleway is pretty good they are part of the same company as online.net however different prices and setups, you can run your vps or dedibox in DC2 wich is pretty damn good and central for European players.

Cheap as chips, well arubacloud, at some stage they had vps's for 1 euro p/month i believe now its 2, however they have a voucher for new clients that gives you 2 or 3 months free!

For similar prices OVH, most machines are in France and theyr pretty reliable, i dont actually like their new UI but thats my taste, there are others around some better others not but hey hope this helps.

digital ocean. been using it for 5 months now, no problem yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X337
View Post
digital ocean. been using it for 5 months now, no problem yet.
I have used Digital Ocean as well, I have had no problems using their services.

thank you very much everyone for your recommendations friends!

You may take a look at LEB where they got good listings on affordable VPS.

www.LowEndBox.com

Hi, I also need to buy a quality vps and good protection, can you tell me 3 of the ones that you recommend me from all the ones mentioned above? I would appreciate if you also give me the link to the official web sites. Thank you

I use vultr you can pay by the hour which is cool. So basically you put money into your vultr account and if you decide you no longer want to use the server you can just get the rest of your money back instead of having to pay the monthly amount. Also they have really quick good support. I have had a few problems though, another server on the same machine was being ddosed so it screwed with my vps but they fixed it within an hour.

I am also looking for a good company that has good protection to buy vps for my server, what do you recommend for a serious server of 100 - 120 players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undef1ned
View Post
I am also looking for a good company that has good protection to buy vps for my server, what do you recommend for a serious server of 100 - 120 players?
I'd go for a dedi for that scenario.

If a low-end one suits your needs you can get a free one for a year at Amazon.

In my case, I simply look for a VPS that has good sustainability and speed. That the attacks can be "avoided" as much as possible. Well, I do not have as much knowledge about the protections and those things, that's why I ask for recommendations of something that is sustainable and of good execution. This will be the first time that I will buy a VPS, since I have always used "host" and it has not gone very well (I receive attacks daily).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW
View Post
extravm.com < cheap, good quality, ddos protection
Extravm for sure if you have issues with attacks. One of the kvm lines, and openvz run on ovh's game firewall.

And as for the actual performance of the vps, its just like any other decent host like digital ocean, nfo, ovh's vps ssd and cloud, etc.... Not a bad price for what you get.

But from experience i would choose ovh's own vps-ssd or vps cloud, or extravm. But with extravm you get ovhs game firewall wich is not avalible with their vps line.

Digital ocean will null route you if someone decides to attack you, also something like nfoservers do the same if the attack is large enough. But with extravm you get ovhs game firewall wich is not avalible with their vps line.

But always remember, cheap vps's are usually terrible, but super expensive ones are sometimes just as terrible.....oh gawd im ranting again