Steam achievements in games

With the release of Far Cry 5 around the corner, I see that there are a lot of people talking about its achievements.
More specifically, they're crying out loud for these achievements to be added on Steam.
While Far Cry 3 and 4 actually had the achievements on both Uplay and Steam, Far Cry Primal only had them on Uplay.
Some people actually refuse to buy the game if it doesn't have these achievements added on Steam.

So my question is: Why is it so important?
Even if they add them, they're the exact same as they are on Uplay. What difference does it make?

i dont have uplay but i want the achievements

if i buy on steam why is the game missed part?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDay
Посмотреть сообщение
i dont have uplay but i want the achievements

if i buy on steam why is the game missed part?
ubisoft games require you to play them on uplay even if you buy them on steam so you still get achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHual
Посмотреть сообщение
ubisoft games require you to play them on uplay even if you buy them on steam so you still get achievements
Exactly. And if achievements are on both, you'll get 2 prompts when you complete an achievement (one for steam, one for Uplay).
They won't separate the achievements on platforms. That's why I think the decision to skip a game for not having Steam achievements is completely irrational.

what about steam levels?

People like to boast about their trophies rather than just enjoying a game for what it is. I get that trophies are great if you wanna like 100% the game, but complaining that others won't see it seems a bit much lmao

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Exactly.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
And it's not just Ubisoft. It's everyone who already has a platform and decides to use Steam for selling/distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors
Посмотреть сообщение
Good one.