How to concatenate strings
#1

Hello everyone

I've got following code:

PHP Code:
new radiolist[500]; //I've got about 16 radios, but it's not necessary to show all lines of my code
strcat(radiolist, "Stanice\tPosluchačů\n");
strcat(radiolist, "Vypnout rбdio\n");
strcat(radiolist, "Evropa 2\t%i\n", listeners[0]);
strcat(radiolist, "Rбdio Express\t%i\n", listeners[1]);
strcat(radiolist, "Dance Rбdio\t%i", listeners[2]);
ShowPlayerDialogEx(playerid, D_RADIO, DIALOG_STYLE_TABLIST_HEADERS, "Rбdio", radiolist, "Zvolit", "Zavřнt"); 
The question is - How correctly use format and strcat because of "listeners" variable, please? Thanks in advance for a help
Reply
#2

That's usually how it's done:

PHP Code:
new message[24], value = 5;
strcat(string, "hello");
format(string, sizeof string, "%s world! %i", string, value); 
You pass the actual string to the format function and add whatever you need.
Reply
#3

It's usually better to use strcat in case if you don't need to pass variables into the final dialog/message but if you do then you can reformat the string like what iKarim said.
Reply
#4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarim
View Post
That's usually how it's done:

PHP Code:
new message[124], value = 5;
strcat(string, "hello");
format(string, sizeof string, "%s world! %i", string, value); 
You pass the actual string to the format function and add whatever you need.
I'm sorry, but I probably didn't understand you. This code:

PHP Code:
new radiolist[500];
strcat(radiolist, "Stanice\tPosluchačů\n");
strcat(radiolist, "Vypnout rбdio\n");
format(radiolist, sizeof(radiolist), "Evropa 2\t%i\n", listeners[0]); 
does not work.
Reply
#5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestCZE
View Post
I'm sorry, but I probably didn't understand you. This code:

PHP Code:
new radiolist[500];
strcat(radiolist, "Stanice\tPosluchačů\n");
strcat(radiolist, "Vypnout rбdio\n");
format(radiolist, sizeof(radiolist), "Evropa 2\t%i\n", listeners[0]); 
does not work.
You need to pass the radiolist variable as a param in the format too, also notice the %s place.


PHP Code:
new radiolist[500];
strcat(radiolist, "Stanice\tPosluchačů\n");
strcat(radiolist, "Vypnout rбdio\n");
format(radiolist, sizeof(radiolist), "%sEvropa 2\t%i\n", radiolist, listeners[0]); 
Reply
#6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKarim
View Post
You need to pass the radiolist variable as a param in the format too, also notice the %s place.


PHP Code:
new radiolist[500];
strcat(radiolist, "Stanice\tPosluchačů\n");
strcat(radiolist, "Vypnout rбdio\n");
format(radiolist, sizeof(radiolist), "%sEvropa 2\t%i\n", radiolist, listeners[0]); 
Yes, I already realized that and you were faster than my edit. Thank you so much
Reply
#7

You could use sprintf from here so that you can format strings within strcat.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)