Update doubt

Actually this might sound like a pretty ridiculous question, but I just have to ask the community due to file management/save issues on my server. Is it necessary for us to update include files/plugins each time there is a version change?

I'm aware that we have to compile our FS's/GM's each version change to make the game adept to the new version. But I don't know, what about plugins? include files? . If you just download em again from the forum they are the same old plugins released like some time ago, so is it relevant?

If not, then perhaps my problem is something else and not Include/Plugins problem related. It would be helpful, if somebody could just clear my doubt about this matter. Will be a big help, +REP.

Both depend. Includes mostly if some parameter changes within the server. Plugins that need memory hacking may need to be updated (actual code edited, with new memory addresses) for new server versions. Some or all functionality might not work otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail
View Post
Both depend. Includes mostly if some parameter changes within the server. Plugins that need memory hacking may need to be updated (actual code edited, with new memory addresses) for new server versions. Some or all functionality might not work otherwise.
Ok thank you. It sheds some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting.
View Post
I'm aware that we have to compile our FS's/GM's each version change to make the game adept to the new version.
no you dont. only if some function changed but not always