View Post
Could anybody confirm this?
You can always try it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
You can always try it yourself.
I know someone would say this.

Kalcor said custom skins work with SetPlayerSkin(); I tried that OnPlayerRequestClass(); But it only displays one skin throughout and I heard it does not work with AddPlayerClass(); So I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it is not possible at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokezU
View Post
I know someone would say this.

Kalcor said custom skins work with SetPlayerSkin(); I tried that OnPlayerRequestClass(); But it only displays one skin throughout and I heard it does not work with AddPlayerClass(); So I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it is not possible at all.
Not sure. You can try a workaround though:

Use a function that sets a camera at your desired location, spawn the player or an actor there and set them to the custom skin you want.

Thanks for RC4 Kalcor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357
Посмотреть сообщение
Kalcor put the new skinslots in the AddPlayerClass please!
It would be so good.

There was a difference in the speed of downloads with redirection.

I noticed that there is a difference: When you leave to download the templates by the server, the download is done one by one, while using the redirect it looks like it is multiples (looks like 5 at the same time).

Downloading a few skins (109 files) by the server took about 2 minutes.
Already downloading using the redirect, it lasted about 30 seconds.

#edit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
View Post
I don't think you should include Incognito's 2012 streamer.inc in the download package. Maybe for the RCs only fine.
I noticed this when I compiled my test scripts and an error occurred when I started my server.

#edit 2

A brief video showing the difference in speed: https://youtu.be/2SygC1Pl0bY
109 files ~ 9 mb

The time to be more precise was a difference of 59 seconds.
It took about 80 seconds to download through the server. Using the redirect took 21 seconds.

This for a large number of models, will be much better.

I don't think you should include Incognito's 2012 streamer.inc in the download package. Maybe for the RCs only fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity
View Post
Not sure. You can try a workaround though:

Use a function that sets a camera at your desired location, spawn the player or an actor there and set them to the custom skin you want.
Thanks, I'll try some methods myself and give you the outcome.

But really and truly this just be a thing to add them to class selection without any work arounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky_
View Post
Downloading a few skins (109 files) by the server took about 2 minutes.
Already downloading using the redirect, it lasted about 30 seconds.
Wow, This is amazing, Thanks for the heads up. Download speeds are really faster indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokezU
View Post
Thanks, I'll try some methods myself and give you the outcome.

But really and truly this just be a thing to add them to class selection without any work arounds

Wow, This is amazing, Thanks for the heads up. Download speeds are really faster indeed.
Next step: Bundle everything in one super-duper compressed archive and send it whole to the client.

Best man!

Redirecting is indeed much faster. I went from up to 150kB/s to over 2500kB/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooman
Посмотреть сообщение
Redirecting is indeed much faster. I went from up to 150kB/s to over 2500kB/s.
Correct. It flunctuates a little as well but that's on our / the webserver's end.

Downloading Vice City now takes one minute and 30 seconds on my machine, rather than four minutes and a bit more.

What a great update.

Its look like the offical version will be released after a few days!
btw good job kalcor!

If you guys have a problem to compile the script make sure you didn't copy the streamer.inc from 2012 that Kalcor put in .inc files

I must say.. not bitchin or anything though, but not being unable to create any pickups away from the original map is a bit of a pain in the ass Kalcor, streamed pickups don't seem to work out there anywhere either mate, Is that a game engine limitation?, or maybe fixable somehow?

Anyway this is an amazing update, I absolutely love where it's heading, I love all the new natives and the sense of endless development, expansion and lease of life that this all brings to this mod.

Thank you very much!

If the download redirection fails (for some web server error) will some error be returned in the server script?

The functions are not yet registered in the wiki, for this my doubt.

Somebody else have problem with streamer (v2.9.1/2.9.2)?
In RC3 works fine. I only update sa-mp server and client (RC4-1), recompile my FS, run server, all models are loaded correctely in prompt, i connect in server, and screen freeze in "Connected to server MY_SERVER_NAME".

I using bare gamemode, but the problem is solved if i removed streamer.

is this version on beta testing?? if not, why you dont add these download files on sa-mp.com download page?? nvm, thanks for the newest version..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahitfitriyanto
Посмотреть сообщение
is this version on beta testing?? if not, why you dont add these download files on sa-mp.com download page?? nvm, thanks for the newest version..
It is not finalized yet, still testing.

Custom Skins for Class Selection yet? No? Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa[DGZ]
Посмотреть сообщение
I must say.. not bitchin or anything though, but not being unable to create any pickups away from the original map is a bit of a pain in the ass Kalcor, streamed pickups don't seem to work out there anywhere either mate, Is that a game engine limitation?, or maybe fixable somehow?

Anyway this is an amazing update, I absolutely love where it's heading, I love all the new natives and the sense of endless development, expansion and lease of life that this all brings to this mod.

Thank you very much!
Yea, it's a game limitation. It can be hacked, but I don't know how complicated that is exactly. I suppose it is not that easy, since the IPL Limit is the same and probably is connected to it (and it is kinda hard to hack that one).

Either way, I would love to see that working as well though.