SA-MP 0.3.8 RC (cancelled -> 0.3.DL)

Very nice !

Progress

Ah another update. Good job SAMP Devs..

Internet list free for 0.3.8 Kalcor? Please answer me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callisto
Посмотреть сообщение
Internet list free for 0.3.8 Kalcor? Please answer me.
Yes. As long as the lists don't get attacked, the 0.3.7 and 0.3.8 internet lists will remain open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes. As long as the lists don't get attacked, the 0.3.7 and 0.3.8 internet lists will remain open.
I'm so glad! Thank you for your response Kalcor.

Waiting for RC 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCosta
Посмотреть сообщение
Waiting for RC 2
RC 8,10 better, probably many of them will be.

Hi. Quick question and I apologise if it's already been asked, but are there any plans for custom models for vehicles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestigeSteve
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi. Quick question and I apologise if it's already been asked, but are there any plans for custom models for vehicles?
Been asked many times, and we don't know. we have to wait and see. Nothing 'official' yet afaik.

Awesome update.

Help me!

this is really cool. I havent scripted in samp in years and I wanted to have something like this long time ago, and I'm excited to see what people come up with these cool new features

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazami
Посмотреть сообщение
Help me!

Delete cheats/mods.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=57

The negative object ID feature will cause some problems updating map editors.

I was waiting for the custom thing! but not what i expected, the thing what i expected was gta V style where you get your own clothes, have your own face etc.. please make it like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDenZYR
Посмотреть сообщение
I was waiting for the custom thing! but not what i expected, the thing what i expected was gta V style where you get your own clothes, have your own face etc.. please make it like this.
Well you can have custom clothes as object, and then attach them to players.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You can have custom skins. But you need thousands:

100 faces
30 shirts
20 trousers
2 genders

= 120000 skins

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
heheh. that's a big ask for a free mod written without source code for a 2004 game.

Supposing you have all the artwork, you'll be able to do something like that. But don't expect the same level of character customisation as modern games. That won't happen in sa-mp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
Посмотреть сообщение
heheh. that's a big ask for a free mod written without source code for a 2004 game.

Supposing you have all the artwork, you'll be able to do something like that. But don't expect the same level of character customisation as modern games. That won't happen in sa-mp.
actually, it can be done using new objects and attach an object to the player..but it needs much of work for the designer and the developer too, but it will kill the target player computer since its many objects.

@Kalcor: does the server check the package if they are fine (ex: crash while downloading them) before connecting the player to the game? another question, does the client detect if there's enough space to download the target files (size)?