Looking for some testers for LOLFan, a speedfan alternative

Ive been working on an alternative to speedfan for a while now, and its kind of stable now. Ive been using it on several local computers for weeks now and its doing a fine job - at least on that handful of different hardware setups. Hardware support is a huge topic, so now I need to make sure that its working well on most computers, or its just plain useless. Its based on Open Hardware Monitor, but its hardware interface wasnt really up-to-date.

So if youre interested in fan controls, cooling, and stuff like that, it might be worth giving it a try. Even though it certainly wont work well for everyone, I need your help to actually make it useful.

So why would you want to use this instead of e.g. Speedfan?
I originally made this to minimize fan noises. For that I need additional temperature sensors, and yet Ive not found a single control software that supports these. LOLFan includes support for external sensors, LCD displays, and even power meters, but probably thats just interesting for a tiny group of people (send me a message if you want to use this, its completely undocumented yet).
The actually interesting advantages are these though:
  • Fan calibration: allows a much more precise, truly linear, speed control
  • Better plot: as you might now, the plot in speedfan is really limited, thanks to open hardware monitor its much more versatile in lolfan
  • More options for fan control: Configuring speed curves is easier, option to combine several temperature readings.
  • Its open-source, meaning anyone can contribute, improve the software, and add hardware, allowing a much wider hardware support than similar closed-source software.
The list of planned features is still long, Ill write about that when the website is done. An update checker is implemented and youll get notified when theres a new version available.

So if you want to try, here you go: http://www.mauzen.org/lolfan/
There are some "hints" within the software, as an attempt to explain some of the major things.

Well, that was fast, downloaded, extracted the files, ran the .exe and

EDIT: it showed the hints box tho.

Awkward start, this was a last minute change i forgot to test on another device. Should work now though.

It is missing GPU:

Then it crash:

(I have no fans)

Then it crash repeatedly after restart:

Dafuq is SpeedFan? Something to eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiMan900
Посмотреть сообщение
Dafuq is SpeedFan? Something to eat?
Only true fans will understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone