How much slots can i run?

Hi guys, i found a machine with theese specs:
CPU: 4 core Intel Xeon x3430 (2.4Ghz, 8MB)
RAM: 4GB ddr3
Bandwidth: 1Gb/sec with unlimited traffic.
I wish i would be able to run up to 3 servers, each with 1000slots. What do you think?

Would depend on your script, and how many players are online at the same time - but I'd say it'd be fine. I doubt you'll pass 200 players on each server, so that's 600 maximum - walk in the park for that server.

Is it dedicated, or a virtual machine?

Dedicated

GM is RP with pretty much variables, and 7 plugins

Why only 600? What i need more? Cpu? Ram? Bcs 1gb/sec i think is enough... I think

What else are you running on that machine and what OS is it running?

I think three servers should be possible but RAM might be tight if provisioning 1MB extra per player. That leaves you with less than a gig for the OS and the other services you're running on it.

i'll run on it only samp server. OS CentOS 7 x86_64

Okey, but on server with 2 CPUS 4 Core Xeon X5560, 24 GB DDR3 RAM and also 1GB/sec bandwidth. Also on this server will be running the site with database and forum. I think that's enought for 3 (1000pl )full servers.

it should run fine, could be a little ram issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerastar
Посмотреть сообщение
I wish i would be able to run up to 3 servers, each with 1000slots. What do you think?
How about starting with 1 1000 slot server? Or 3 servers with 100 slots each.
You wont be able to host 3000 players at once. 1gbit isnt enough for that, and the cpu will also have some trouble. Dont underestimate what 1000 players actually mean. Samp isnt a game to handle that many players under normal circumstances.

And apart from this, chances are pretty much 0 that youll ever fill those servers.