Is it worth opening a hosting company?

Hey,

I was kind of thinking to open a HOSTING company, not only limited to game servers such as SA:MP it self or Minecraft but also web hosting, domain registrations, voice servers & so on (other types of game servers?).

But since I haven't got much experience in this field, it'll be kind of you if you could give me your opinions on this,
is it worth opening a hosting company?.

PS: Anyone knows any good wcsm? (For web panel) and game servers panel? (For game servers).

Thanks.

Starting a hosting company is very different to throwing up a website offering hosting services.

Unless you have the legal side of a company, or your company is non-profit, then you really need to research that before attempting to launch any sort of company.

The fact you're lacking experience wouldn't give you an advantage over the other million hosting sites out there. Unless you can find something that's either revolutionary, or game changing, then why would I consider using your services as opposed to a service where I have the support I need, or even better, over something like ****** Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc..

You wouldn't start a retail job as the manager, so why would it be the same for online services? I think you really need to research a lot of topics such as administration (Windows, Linux, whatever OS you offer), managing this services, understanding how VPS's are different to Dedicated servers, understanding the fundamental topics, how to solve issues that go wrong, etc..

You're appearing simply blind, and I wouldn't put any trust in your services unless you can provide more details on why I should?

Sorry if I seem a little bitchy, just feel like everyone attempts to launch hosting companies, they then fail, and your back on the SA-MP forums (not a hosting forum) talking about it's failure and how you cannot comprehend it.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45 - There are over 300k hosting providers advertised in just this section (Some rather old, admittedly). There just really isn't room to compete within a market you state you don't know much about.

Isolated has the idea... You need to be in the market for a while, understand it, and know how to run it.

There are so many hosting companies out there that you're really looking at a David/Goliath battle. Just look at all those who have made hosting companies here... Over time they've ended up with dead links, and all because they didn't know the market. Those who made it, were running game servers for every game. Now, they've diversified and amalgamated with other groups.

It's wiser to find a better avenue for your investment.

Not really. Usually it's done by bigger companies who can afford to run a hosting site for the sake of expanding. It's hard to manage security and you need to hire a lawyer to ensure everything you do is legal. After that even marketing comes.

If you don't have experience in this area, doesn't worth. And we have good companies in this market with good prices.

Take a look at other hosting companies and their prices and services. Then think of some reasons why anyone should go with your hosting instead of the established ones.
Can you offer a better service than they do?
Can you offer a better price than they do?

Actually the market for hosting is oversaturated, price competition is very hard, unbeatable if you rent servers instead of buying them, and the service and support of big companies will be much better than anything you could ever offer.

If you want to do it for fun, offer servers for free, but no, its not worth opening another hosting company.

no

4char

the wrost idea ever

Plan cancelled, thanks peeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLearner
Посмотреть сообщение
Plan cancelled, thanks peeps.
I do feel as I've ruined your dream of starting a project like that, but if you're wanting advice or support then let me know mate. But I agree with something someone posted which is that getting experience is real easy, purchase a server, and offer free services here for a while, build a reputation and see how you get on.

I don't know if anyone remembers FractalHub, but I helped support the site and gained a lot of really good knowledge from it, after all knowledge is power so jumping in, learning on the go is never bad, although trying to compete with experienced, grounded companies is just setting yourself up to fail.

If your seriously motivated there's no limit to what you cannot achieve, but you just need to ensure you know what's required from you within a role like that.